Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tue, Dec 18, 2018 1:15 PM

What is U-verse TV?

I noticed that when I looked at my account, that the TV section of our bundle shows DirecTV and U-Verse TV.  What is U-Verse TV?  When U-Verse was installed at our house, we were not provided any different equipment for television - we are still using a DirecTV box that does not have wireless capability and we are getting DirecTV from the dish.  Have we been paying for something that AT&T has never provided?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

15.5K Messages

2 years ago

Access your account at www.att.com/my  Click on See my bill.  Then click on TV & Video. 

It should clearly state what service you are paying for, which level of service you are paying for and the current charges.

I've reached that age where my brain went from "You probably shouldn't say that"

...to...

"What the heck, let's see what happens."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

15.5K Messages

2 years ago

That's really odd.  DirecTV and Uverse TV are two different services.

Are there two different billed amounts?  Under Uverse TV heading is there a service level such as U300 or U450?

I've reached that age where my brain went from "You probably shouldn't say that"

...to...

"What the heck, let's see what happens."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

UverseTV.jpg

This is the screen I saw when looking to troubleshoot my U-verse service problem.  The paper bill only shows DirectTV under the TV section - "SELECT Monthly" is the primary charge.  There is no indication of the services you mention (U300 or U450).

I've been having a problem with U-Verse for a couple of months - the service drops frequently.  The frequency of outage has increased with dropping outdoor temperatures.  AT&T support has been no help - they originally told me that they would send me a new gateway for self install.  After two weeks, I called back and was told that there is no record of sending out a replacement gateway.  So, the first tech support guy just outright lied to make a short and easy call.  My second call I requested that the outside lines be checked.  I was going out of town on a business trip and did not want to schedule a house visit.  They never checked the outside lines.  I left a message with the Dayton U-Verse manager and never heard back from him.  I know just waiting for our contract to expire in a few weeks.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Hi again skeeterintexas!

It was from "see my bill" that the TV section shows that we are paying for "SELECT Standard".  The landing page has a panel for DirecTV and lists our TV plan as:

SELECT Standard

Over 155 channels, including Disney, HGTV, History, CNN, AMC and local channels

I think that when I was in the troubleshooting section of my account and the system performed a service search - it was presenting me with what is available - not necessarily what is in my account.   I suppose the U-verse TV would be streamed over the internet connection rather than from our roof-mounted dish.  I am happy that we have DirecTV dish since the internet service keeps dropping so frequently.  It is currently 50 degrees this afternoon in Dayton, Ohio and the service is stable.  Unfortunately, I know that when the temperature drops into the 30s and below - the U-verse service will begin the cycle of dropping service, reconnect, and repeat ad nauseum.

No matter, really.  Once our commitment is up, I plan on switching to another provider - i just can't rely on the connectivity to the total U-verse service that I am paying for.  This morning, I was talking to my Dad - he was asking me to take him to the hospital when the service dropped.  Luckily, we also have cellular (not with AT&T) so I was able to call my Dad back on my mobile.  Thanks for taking the time to chat with me on this.

Get started...

Ask a new question