Cyber Monday: Get a FREE Samsung Galaxy S22 with eligible trade-in & Free Galaxy Buds2 - while supplies last!
Get the myAT&T app
pacodog's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jan 15, 2015 3:20 PM

U-verse Discounts Driving Me Crazy!!

I don't think AT&T realizes how irritating it is for their customers to have to track how long the promotional discounts are valid, then have to call in and ask for new discounts to be applied. This is a little game they came up with charge customers different rates and give the illusion that they're giving you a big gift. And it only availabe to those who know to call them and participate in the discount game. It's a waste of my time. Can't you just give everyone the same, lower rate with no discounts? If you think this is helping your image, you're wrong. Just one more reason to hate phone companies. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.6K Messages

8 years ago

Gotta work for the discounts, boo.😉
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

If you log into your account on the AT&T portal it will tell you when each discount expires.  Mine expire Feburary 5th, 2015.

As for getting discounts again it's as Skeeter said.  I usually go on the internet and get the going rates for providers in my area (TWC, Dish, etc.) for the closest service they have to match what I currently have with U-verse and then call and ask for retentions.  Tell them I want to stay but here are the offers from XYZ Company and what can AT&T do to help me. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

I was told a price in November, installed in November, the bill came in $100 more than I was told.  Called back in December and was told the first person was wrong and that it was over $10 more because all my promotions ended at different times.  She was awesome and ended them all the same date, except for the U450 which I called today and cancelled.  Then he tells me it's going to be more because the lady in December "forgot" to quote me the correct information with the HD service which I already had.  I have been given three (3) different amounts each time I've called.  I was with someone else before and didn't have any problems, but I wanted everything to be in one area.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

This may be true, but why should we have to play this game? The last thing I have time for is to goof around with AT&T to beg for a lower rate. If AT&T truly cared about their customers they would give an automatic discount to their customers when it was offered. When you call them doesn't the agent always fall over themselves to say how much they value your business? Well, show it! Wouldn't that be a competetive edge?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.