Get the myAT&T app
Cutieluby's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 11th, 2017 11:11 PM

Closed

U-Verse Customer Service Complaints

I tried to file a complaint for U-Verse services Customer Services advice I received, so I called Customer Service asking to speak to supervisors but to no avail. When one of the people I talked to interrupted me to say "don't text and drive, goodbye" instead of discussing the problem with me, I lost all confidence in reaching a solution. Likely nothing will happen, but at this point I would rather switch to Spectrum and have them buy out my contract. Anyone have any advice as to how to file a complaint?

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It is interesting to see the lead in on the responses ATT Cares, as it sure does not appear that to be the case. Here is my story. When it was time to renew or move my service, I phoned ATT and the agent was very helpful and offered me a one year contract to include UVerse TV and Internet for $128. Then he advised if I would sign up for credit card billing, I would get another $10 discount. I asked if there were other discounts and was told that if I am a veteran I would get another $15 off the monthly rate, but I need to go by an ATT office to get that discount. When I went by the office several days later I was told that no such discount is available. When I called I was told, "sorry." Then my bill came and no discount for the credit card direct bill. When I called I was told, "sorry you were misinformed." Now, this month I get my new bill and it is $% more than last month. When I called today I was told that ATT can raise the rate. IF I have a contracted rate, how can ATT raise the rate? The supervisor told me the deal I got three months ago was a contract for Internet only and not TV, so ATT can raise that rate anytime. I feel like I have been baited and switched. The agent misled me and ATT is finding ways to nickel and dime customers. All I expect is to get what I agreed to. IF the deal did not include UVerse, I should have been told that at the time and not now three months later. IF this is going to be the norm for ATT, I will find other options and there are many today...youtube tv, hulu, disney, philo, etc., etc.

It is a shame that this company has gone in the gutter to try to get business in this manner.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am so tired of att taking away channels but not cutting are bills ..channel 8 and 10 are local channels in my are and we can't even watch them and this is getting rediculous TURN OUR CHANNELS BACK ON STOP ALL THE POLITICAL BS!!!!! YOU WANT YOUR MONEY ONTIME SO GIVE US OUR TV THAT WE PAY FOR!!!!!! I LIVE ON SS AND THAT ALL I HAVE

(edited)

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I considered signing up for service, but I had nothing but trouble with your sign up page. First, it told me every Utah zip code I entered was invalid. I tried looking at what channels and it didn't let me do that. I'm so glad I found out what a terrible company you are before I made a commitment. If you can't get your sign up page to work correctly, then how many other problem do your customers have!

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I had a service call in and tech scheduled to come out today horrible customer service not to mention very RUDE!!! I explained that there is a black cable cord coming out of the AT&T box and wraps around the side of the house into some other cable cords that continue to go inside the house. He told me it is the customers job to remove cords; however, these cords were part of AT&T equipment and were inside the cable box on the side of the house which is held together by screws. If we opened the box and something went wrong with the cable we would be at fault and have to pay for the damages. He continues to tell me that we could be charged a $100.00 for him coming out. I explained that I spoke with the AT&T representative last night, she said that if it's AT&T equipment they needed to check it out. I requested to speak with his supervisor multiple times to get additional information how we could resolve this charge, there was no call from Pet his supervisor. When Charles arrived to my residence, I asked him to not come on to my property or touch any equipment until I spoke with his supervisor about this situation which never happened. He stated that he had a job to do and questioned that cord. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL & VERY RUDE! After 12 years of services with AT&T I really contemplating on keeping our services if this how customers are going to be treated.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I had a customer serve rep hang up on me also - Michael - 4/28/2020 - 5:20pm! ATT uverse has the worst customer service ever.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

AT&T is providing horrendous customer service on all platforms, I was lied to that led to a billing error and I’ve been refused adjustments and manager callbacks. Was lied to about a manager calling back yesterday and was just hung op on requesting one today!

Avoid this terrible company!

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I just spent almost 4 hours on the phone being sent from person to person to get my internet reconnected which should have never been disconnected. I started Thursday being told it would be reconnected 8/1. When I called to see why it wasn’t the first person hung up on me the second person I waited 10 minutes to talk to went through everything with him was told my order was dropped he reordered said I could use my old  account # said I could use my old equipment transferred me to the tech department on hold for 1 hour was told the order was dropped needed a new order with new equipment argued with him transferred again to customer service on hold 45 minutes told I needed to place a new order after providing all of my information again but they would have to transfer me to sales argued again transferring on hold 45 minutes woman comes on asks for all of my information again she has to run a credit check for the 5 th time would not receive equipment until next Saturday 8/8. I finally after several days and hours and a massive headache told her where to put Att. Called Spectrum signed up in 5 minutes $44 a month for 2yrs will have equipment on Tuesday. ATT TAKE SOME LESSONS

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I called Uverse to get technical support on my Internet. The automated machine checked the line and said it was fine; while I'm looking at my computer seeing "No Internet Connected" and the little world where the WiFi should be. My internet drops quite frequently and I have a booster right next to the computer. I know they are going to say unplug the box so I do that first before I call. I can never talk to a person to let them know "It is not working"! So frustrating.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I called U-Verse to get technical support because my Internet was down (It drops frequently). Knowing they are going to say unplug the device, wait 10 seconds, and plug it up; I did that before I called. The automated service checked the line and said it was fine and working properly; while I'm looking at my computer and see "No Internet Connection" and a world icon where the WiFi should be. I have an ATT booster right by the computer and in the other room buy another computer. Still, it drops and they tell me it's working. I am so frustrated right now!!!

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

There is no customer service at ATT U-verse.  To finally get a person you must spend a couple hours and 10 to 15 calls. I know cause I had to do this a couple different days. Our DVR  box would not work and finally after all the calls and being hung up on and screaming I want a person, I got a person who had me running all over to check TVs and connections but was nice. After all this, I was finally told the box was no good and I would loose all things taped. It is 2021 and I thought we had progressed further then that but not at ATT. Also it would be 2 days before we would get the box UPS or FED EX, no tech to bring and install. Then when it did come would not work and all the time and calls and hang ups started again. Finally got a person again after hours and I again had to do all the techs job. Finally started working, then I was told we had to take the old box to the UPS store, service anyone. We have been with ATT for our phones internet and TV for many years, think it is time to change. I have been seeing lots of people changing to the other company and now I know why. We are 71 years old and too old to become a tech now and do not want to. As much as we pay, we should get better service then this. ATT U-Verse has the worst customer service I have ever come in contact with in my 71 years.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.