Get the myAT&T app
Christollison's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Apr 3, 2017 10:38 PM

Unhappy Customer- Deceptive Sales Tactics

I have been a mobile customer for over 10 years while never missing a payment and never switching carriers back and forth. I received several promotional items regarding switching to Direct TV. I took them up on the offer. Once I cancelled my current TV provider I was told there was not a line of sight for Direct TV but I could get U verse for the same deal. PLUS UNLIMITED DATA. I agreed because I occasionally go over my data.

Well when I got first bill there was an overage data charge. They told me they do not offer UNLIMITED DATA with U Verse but I could get it for $45. The whole reason I decided to sign a 2 year contract and switch to something that wasn't Direct TV was because of the UNLIMTED DATA. On top of the $45 charge I would also lose the discount I get through my employer. I was told by several customer service reps this was common practice among their sales reps and they always deal with that complaint.

The second bill I got was over $500, after spending over 2 hours on the phone with customer service they realized the error and corrected the bill to $237. I was told that would be my bill going forward without UNLIMTED DATA. Now it has been $282 and $293 without any charges or overage fees.

I have been extremely patient and a loyal customer. However, this is borderline customer abuse and if this is not corrected I will be forced to go to the BBB or something else to get resolved on my own.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5年前

Me too,  Chris

I'd been with AT&T in the past for cell service (many years) then switched to Verizon for cell phone.  I decided to go with AT&T because of their "great" combined package of internet, cell phone and internet.  4 months later, I've had my cell phone shut off and my TV disconnected for lack of payment of billings I never received.  I'm now waiting for4 20+ minutes for a supervisor to discuss my current billing notice that still doesn't reflect my "combined" account...  I am really upset big time and am within minutes of telling them to shove the whole account and finding another provider / providers....

if any new prospective customer ready to sign up for this inadequate "support" and dealing with people in foreign countries.  I hope they read my and your comments....

ACE - Expert

• 

22.7K Messages

5年前

Perhaps I'm not understanding the original post, but it seems as though the OP's issue is getting charged for WIRELESS (cell phone) data.  The Unlimited Data is for your home internet...not your cell phone service.  

You do get unlimited Uverse INTERNET data if you have Uverse TV or DirecTV if it's combined with your INTERNET service.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5年前

I was told I would get unlimited data for my wireless account. The salesperson even asked if I went over on my wireless data and used that as a sales tactic to get me to sign up.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5年前

That's when I got the $500 bill, is when I combined my bill for the $10 discount. When they finally figured out it wasn't correct they could not tell me why or how that could happen.

I'm sure that happens all the time and some people just pay it. In the end they still come out ahead manipulating the bills.
Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.