For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
gemnet's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, March 16th, 2016 2:37 AM

Unable to dial international numbers.

Hello All!

So, to make it short and sweet, I am not a US citizen, but I am legally in the states holding a valid work visa. I decided to give AT&T a try as I know that "AT&T" stands for quality, great service and good customer service... however, I am now in "troubles".

My wife is mexican so I ordered the "North America" plan to make unlimited calls to Mexico, I gave them my SSN and said "uh-oh, we cannot validate your SSN, you'll have to pay a deposit" - almost $500... patience, gave them my CC, paid 100% of deposit and finally I got my service installed home last friday.

1) TV, checked... DVR is not working correctly, they shipped a new one (installed just 3 hours ago)...

2) Internet, checked.. it works!

3) Phone, checked.. it works... partially. Cannot make international calls, bummer!

So.. the litany started on Friday with chats and calls with customer service reps... various modem resets, promises that in 5 hours the service was going to work...

Today Tuesday 15th March.. my service is not yet working... sooooo 3 more hours chatting with "Kevin" resetting the modem twice, then he told me that my plan changed and that I had to pay $5 more to call all the entire globe and I said "no way", then he checked better and noticed that my international plan got blocked... not sure why, tried to unlock it from the u-verse "manage features" page, no good. Error 503.

Patience... finally after 3 hours Kevin informed me that there is a "Credit Risk" flag so they won't allow me to do international calls...

... wait, what? "Credit Risk"? I paid AT&T $500 of non-refundable "Credit Management Fee" and you now block a service that I am paying for?

Why the first sales rep told me that "by paying the deposit you will get ALL the service active"? And now, why do I have to wait 24/48 hours to see if the issue can be escalated?

I am not mexican but my wife is, she want to talk home... I mean, AT&T... is that your way to say "We don't really want foreigner as customers"?

Why did they wanted my deposit then?

I am sorry, I know this post will sounds like a "rant", in part it is but I feel like discriminated and it's really annoying the fact that I contracted a service that I cannot use.

Is there someone who knows if this issue will get resolved? Is there someone from AT&T able to answer why is this happening?

Thank you.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

8 years ago

Please click this Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope  in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your avatar and name) in a business day or three. You can speed things up by including your name, Billing Account Number and the best way and time to reach you.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you @JefferMC, I sent the private message, let's see what will happen.

Thank you again.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

No love for me yet.. but good news! I got a $10/mo discount for one year on my u-verse TV bill! Yey... 

... but no, seriously.. no one ever contacted me back.. trying to bug some other customer service rep... let's see what happen...

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

8 years ago

Keep us UP-Dated on your problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.