Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Jan 15, 2020 5:57 PM

TV will not link to HMDi1 without extra steps

I have called to get assistance for when I turn on my tv why it does not automatically connect to HMDi1. I have to press the input button and go to another input (like HMDi3) click ok then go back to HMDi1 before it will come in. I have called at least 3 times spoke to many agents to no avail. I was even sent a new box and that did not help. One of your agents switched me from U200 to U100 and then sales wanted to charge me to put me back to what I already had and was paying for. One agent scheduled me for a tech to come to the house but never really scheduled it. THAT WAS TODAY! Prior to this your guys cut my cable and I was without service for days. I have been dealing with some very incompetent people. I need to speak to a senior supervisor or experience agent to help me get this HMDi! resolved without having an automated service try to reboot my system.

Responses

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

3 months ago

Just curious.... have you tried connecting another TV to this box to see if it has the same issue?

*** Hhmmm, let me think about that... ***

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

I would think this would be a TV issue and not a Uverse issue.

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

@davemizeThis is the second uv box... still doesnt work

• 

4 Messages

@skeeterintexas It used to link no problem and stopped... not tv problem have done it all

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

17K Messages

@doreenbassett "used to work, stopped" "replaced u-verse box, still happens" and this to you means the TV isn't at fault? TV's don't develop issues?

Actually, do you have something connected to the TV on HDMI1? If so, unhook it and see if the problem goes away. It may be that it's sending enough of a signal to the TV to make it think that it's active.

(edited)

my thoughts

Employee

• 

14.7K Messages

3 months ago

if two different Uverse receivers are showing the same issue to the same tv... this is your issue...

Either replace the cable from the receiver to the tv, suggest using component instead of HDMI, or replace the tv.

IF a different tv works with the receiver then the problem is clearly your equipment.

A service call (tech dispatch) to troubleshoot your equipment would be a billable $99 service call.

As Uverse box has already been replaced, the cable between the two devices and your tv is what is left.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…