Get the myAT&T app
Staci719's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, January 15th, 2015 6:40 PM

Told Three DIFFERENT Prices

I called AT&T back in the middle of November and told them that I was looking at combining my services and getting the television portion of UVerse added.  The employee told me it would be $144 per month (for everything), plus fees/taxes, and for the first three (3) months $16 installation fee.  When installation time came, the technician did not show that I wanted HD (which I had a list and that was included in the price).  I made the poor technician wait while I called AT&T right as he was sitting there.  They told me they were sorry and that they would correct it and offered to give me U450 free for the first three (3) months; which what I had was the U300.  I made myself a reminder to cancel on my calendar because they bill a month in advance.  So when I received my bill in December, it was almost $100 more then it should have been (I did figure in pro-ration), so I called a few days later.  When I spoke with CS, they told me that was I was told was wrong and that it would  be $169 per month, plus fees/taxes, and $16 for the first three months for installation.  After speaking with a supervisor, who got upset about me telling her I just wanted what I was told I would get, she transferred me to the Promotions department.  The lady who help me here was VERY helpful, dropped my bill by $100, told me my rate would be $146 (I can handle a $2 difference), AND made ALL my promotions end on one date (except for the U450), which I called to cancel today.  Since I was on the phone anyway, I told him I just wanted to make sure what she told me was correct.  He looked at it and says,  "oh I'm sorry, that will be $156 because HD wasn't included".  I explained that they fixed that on the original order, and he said because I was canceling the U450, it brought my payment up by another $10.  Once again, he apologized and told me he was sorry.  Here's the thing, I know that promotions end and they tell you when they do, BUT...when you get three different prices???  Am I going to have to call back every month to double check??  I don't have a problem knowing when they end and price matching and then calling the rentention department.  I've always heard that comparatively speaking that AT&T is good, but now I'm beginning to wonder.  I had DirectTV before (which correct me if I'm wrong, is now owned by AT&T), but I had them FOREVER and they were so nice, and would find a deal wherever they could for me.  Also, anyone see how much some of these fees are?!  Like over $30 just in fees alone, that's NOT including taxes. 

Sorry to ramble, but now I just feel jaded.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @Staci719 ,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having, but we will be glad to help. If you could please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

So, I am now COMPLETELY satisfied with AT&T.  They did the right thing, after they messaged me and I explained the dilemma that I was having, Tammy actually called me!!  We chitchatted for a bit, and by the end of the telephone conversation, she had made everything right, discounted me for my inconvenience and went back to lower than, 'original' pricing, AND it's good from today so I won't have to worry about it again for a whole year!!

This the way to keep your customers happy, happy, happy AT&T!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Guru

• 

921 Messages

9 years ago

Good to hear!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.