For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
C

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020 3:02 PM

Closed

When are you going to resolve the problem with TEGNA?

When are you going to resolve the problem with TEGNA?  It's disrupting my service in watching WFSS (channel 8 - ABC) in my area.  Customers should not have to deal with the petty problems between Uverse and TEGNA.  Work it out or lose a long time subscriber.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We pay premium money for directv and now you are taking away major network. Time to change providers if this is all you care about subscribers.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Dropping cbs

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Is it the ATT-Uverse intent to restore this channel as soon as possible?

What is the supposed length of time it will take?

Do customers get any monthly adjustment other than the one time $20.00 credit if the goes on beyond a month?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Tegna contract to restore KHTV Channel 11

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

During a pandemic when so many are working remotely, or have to risk their health to do their jobs should be able to watch their local NBC Channel for news, sports, weather, local features and the like. As the other 3 major networks (CBS, Fox, and ABC) do their job we are losing essentially 1/4th of the major networks. Because the goliath decides it wants to fight over what is ultimately nickels and dimes. 

Wake up-it is a pandemic. Don't add to your customer's stress woes by running a banner on what should be live NBC coverage advising "this local NBC channel has been dropped while we count our money, bonuses, stock prices, earnings and wealth." 

Enough is enough!     

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Direct TV- Pandemic insult to us all

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

Your local NBC removed their feed to DTV because they will not pay them what they are asking to renew the contract.  Anything more DTV has to pay your local NBC will be passed onto your bill.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

Shannon,

Timely response but doesn't hold up. From a lawyer of 35 years. Ultimately, it is up to the provider to both negotiate and avoid the conflict and to recognize the impact on your customers. Local NBC network affiliates make money and want to be paid for their product. But, customers like me who already pay an exorbitant amount to bundle want their local NBC programming. All the spinning in the world doesn't protect a company in AT&T that acquired Direct TV a major competitor at the time. That merger further reduced competition. That is why further mergers may not happen due to Anti-Trust laws over monopolies.  That has an impact on customers like me. The bigger and stronger that you are, and the more billions you make in these mergers reduces the possibility that consumers won't side with AT&T no matter how much you preach otherwise. It is wrong and it is at the wrong time with the pandemic. Tell customers "we are very sorry and rather credit you $1.00 per month for losing NBC we will provide your service for free as we work this out." 

That is the only way that anyone will have empathy towards the biggest TV and internet provider in the world. 

No one cares about the ribbons and banners. We want our NBC service now! Figure it out and act like you really care.            

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

They where negotiating up until the contract expired and then NBC removed the feed they could have continued to provide the feed. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

Agreement between TV provider and channel owner came up. The pandemic didn't magically change the agreement date.

TV provider and us customers want to pay less, channel owner wants higher rates for their programming that is otherwise free over the regular airways. Since an agreement wasn't reached by the deadline the channel owner pulled the feed as is their right.

Would you be fine with TV provider caving which adds that much more cost to our bill?

Your "lawyer" response doesn't hold up. We are not entitled to the channels so TV provider is not obligated or guaranteed to avoid conflict. They don't even have to negotiate as they can just part ways upon carriage agreement end, (unlikely to happen with local affiliates, but it is their rightful option that has been exercised before in rare cases).

Channel will be back when an agreement is reached and channel owner returns the feed. Neither side can be forced to cave to the other.

So use your antenna to get the free broadcast if you cannot live without the channel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How can you tell if you're eligible for the credit? Our channel 3 is out in NE Ohio and I can't figure out how to get a credit for it. 

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I've been waiting to watch the Steelers game and now I have no channel 8?! I pay well over $200/MONTH to ensure that we can watch all the NFL games and you screw us out of the Steelers game?! 

I am BEYOND FURIOUS!!!°

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

Your channel 8 removed their feed to DTV because they will not pay what they want to renew the contract.  Anything more DTV has to pay your channel 8 will be passed onto your bill.

• 

9 Messages

It's ridiculous! Giant companies arguing over, what to them is chump change. All the while, those of us keeping their pocketbooks full are getting screwed. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

That is how the world works.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Why can't I get the local NBC station that is showing the Steelers game today...how convenient...the channel is working just fine until the today when they had rescheduled the game.  

I called them up and horrible service!!

They won't do anything other than to say it is out of their hands. 

What I am paying for every month when I can't even get the main stations!!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Steelers game

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

UVERSE has cancelled St Louis KMOV Channel.  I will be changing carriers if it is not reinstated.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled UVERSE has cancelled St Louis KMOV Channel. I will be changing carriers if it is not reinstated.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Channel CBS was removed from our broadcast. Of course all of my favorite shows start back up tonight and will not be able to watch them. When will it be restored.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Channel was removed from line up

• 

9 Messages

I'd like to know the answer to that as well. I am currently watching the NFL game with an antenna

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We currently cannot get Channel 10, a TEGNA company.  What is going on and why??

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Interruption of TEGNA

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

The contract expired so Tegna decided to remove the feed to DTV instead of continuing to provide it. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Want to know why in the heck you decided to cut off local channels that broadcast NFL games. Finally get to see the Ravens abd Steelers play after a 2 week delay and now all I see is "Sorry for your frustration but we are working on it. Trying to get a "new deal with whom ever"  Trying to blame the FCC.  I think the CEO is mad because he's not getting his big bonus!  Please bring back local channels or will have to change to Dish!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Missing Local Channels

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

Your local channels decided to remove their feed to DTV when the contract expired they could have decided to continue to proved it. All TV providers have to go through this.

• 

2 Messages

So how long is this going to take?  Don't you people have anything better to do and  have contingency plans when this happens?  This is annoying and not at all good for your company. How do you expect people to continue with Directv?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.