Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
mcplant's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jun 6, 2012 4:42 AM

Service availability: address not valid. Is there U-verse in Lafayette, IN?

So, has anyone had problems when they signed up for U-verse with finding out if service is available in the first place?

I entered my address (and a few others from my area) online in the form, connected with support chat, and I called the 1-800-288-2020 service number. The web form gives an error that my address is not valid, I've tried every iteration of it. The associate on the phone was obviously working with the same tools and gave me the same answer then gave up, and the chat associate gave up and told me to call the 1-800 number (after I mentioned I already had). Just to be clear, it does not tell me no service is available and then give me an option to be contacted when it is, it tells me my address is invalid or there is a technical difficulty depending on where I try it.

I asked both on chat and over the phone if service is available in my city at all, they could not answer me, and really just ignored the question so they could tell me over and over that my apartment must not exist because the address is invalid.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

texasguy37

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 y ago

What is your zip code?  You can enter it in the link below to see if U-verse has a channel lineup for your area.

https://uma.att.com/general/201-AMSS-X-DMA2-POPUP.html

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 y ago

Well shoot, looks like I can't get u-verse in my town. That is too bad, I really want an option besides Dish or Comcast.
Thanks for the quick help though!

texasguy37

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 y ago

You're welcome.  Sorry.

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

6 y ago

Not sure if this relates or not, and only someone local could know the answer to it, or not, but I undferstand that most addresses have to be verified by a local 911 data base as being a valid adress, before you can search it to see if there is any service availability or not.

Note: this is third hand info at best, something I read about in a totaly unrelated thread. And due to local mopoly, U-verse is not available in my area, thought I get both home phone and DSL thru AT&T. When I check, it clearly says, no u-verse available, so don't know if this post is any help at all.

Get started...

Ask a new question