Get the myAT&T app
dharki01's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, September 8th, 2015 11:01 PM

Ridiculous Ripp Off getting charged a monthly fee for a modem that was replaced under warranty

I don't know if any of you have had a modem that went bad that you paid for and was under warranty through ATT.  Well God help you if yours goes bad and is under warranty because when they send you a replacement you will be charged and extra 7.77 cents a month.  7.00 for monthly equipment fee then your state sales tax.  Remember my modem was under warranty and now I am getting charged extra per month for something THAT WAS UNDER A WARRANTY.  That’s like me going to get warranty or recall work done on my car and walking out and then they increase my car payment (come on).  It was bad enough when I was returning the item as the ATT customer rep told me and the instructions I received I go to UPS to drop it off for them to pack it up they tell me I don't need to return it so I called ATT a second time and tell them what happened at UPS that person tells me no you’re not supposed to go to UPS you’re supposed to go to USPS and drop it off and that the documents I received in the return package were incorrect and not updated yet.  I was like this isn’t right I can see USPS doing the packing and shipping of this. So I call a 3rd time and get someone different and this rep tells me after I give her the SN and model number of the modem as I have the original rep she says I didn't need to return it because it was under warranty and I had already paid for the modem.  I verified with this rep to make sure I am not going to get charged any additional fee and this person also said NO.  I specifically asked both representatives at that time the one online and one on the phone that I'm not going to be charge anything extra and they assured me I would not.  Then last month’s bill comes in for 91.74 cents. I was mad since my ATT bill has been 78.08 for over a year now.  I was charged a rental fee for the modem of 7.77 including state taxes plus an additional 5.83 for 7/1 to 7/25 for a total of 13.60 extra.  I called up and spoke to a rep explained everything to her and asked to speak to a manager because I was not getting anywhere she just kept telling me that it’s a monthly fee for the modem and I'm like when I opened the request for the repair of the modem because my home phone was out but my internet service was working they looked up my modem and SN and told me it was under warranty why am I now getting a monthly service charge for something that was under Warranty????? Then when I requested to speak to a manager she then says I won't see any additional charges that my bill will go back to what it was.  I asked so my bill is going to go back to the 78.08 that I have been paying she even went and looked back at my billing history and says yes.  I did say if it doesn't I am going to install my old modem where my home phone doesn't work and shut my home phone service off so they will lose not only the rental fee they felt like tacking on plus my home phone service which will be another 25.00 they will lose out on.  I will just keep my internet service.  Guess what I just saw this month’s bill come in and it is now 85.56.  So it looks like I will be calling again and asking them where can I ship my modem to that I paid for and that was under warranty so you quit charging me a 7.42 rental fee for something that was under WARRANTY and cancel my home phone service because I'm going back to my original modem.  I told the rep I spoke to last month all my family uses ATT for their home phone service. I am going to tell them about this plus put a you tube video together and get it to go viral. I already started putting it together. I have used Bellsouth for 20 plus years then now ATT takes over and this happens. I’m not like this and I’m sorry but I don’t like getting ripped off. I have a website address I bought a long time ago DONTGETRIPPED.com I might just have to put the site up and have this as my first issue and let others tag onto it. It would be nice if they would email the conversations that occur online with customer service to your email but they don’t, or the phone conversations but they don’t probably because of stuff like this I’m stating was told to me from the rep. I did put the rep on speaker when I called about last month’s charge of 91.74 and had a friend there who heard everything she said. Overall again my gripe is I had an item under warranty that was paid for and ATT replaced the modem and I’m paying for it a second time because they want to charge me a monthly fee that I was never charged before period.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

ACE - Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

7 years ago

As of Jan. 2015 ALL equipment (including replacement RGs) is leased from ATT and carry a monthly fee.

How old was the modem?  Over a year?

Tip of the Day:  Paragraphs and punctuation are your friends.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

My unit was bought by me paid in full through ATT before Jan of 2015 and My unit was not even a year old.  The technician who helped me troubleshoot the issue looked the unit up and told me it was under warranty as well as the two other ATT reps I spoke too.   If a unit is under warranty and is replaced I should not be charged a monthly fee that I never was charged before before the unit broke. 

Thank you,

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

The model I had and will be going back to is the NVG510 and they sent me a NVG510 as a warranty replacement and are charging me a 7.00 plus tax monthly fee that I was never charged before.  I didn't receive a 5031 model whateve that is. 

Thank you

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.