Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
jfmobile's profile
jfmobile
#1 Star!

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Mar 17, 2015 6:53 PM

Reward card scam

Judging from the posts, I am not the only one taken in.  There was supposed to be a $200 reward card for originally signing up.  It never arrived.  A phone call informed me that it took a couple of months to process....piffle.  A second call resulted in an apology for no card and by way of recompense, high (?) speed internet was offered as a sop.  Again no card!.  Called again and received another apology, a promise to correct the situation and...would I like to try the U300 service?  This was January....waited on the 300 channels, they never arrived...the card never arrived...if fact, nothing arrived.

Called again yesterday, went through a supervisor for whom English was not a native tongue.  Finally received the 300 channels only to find out I had been paying for them since January.  But, bright spot, the upgrade came with another reward card....which was never received.  

Finally was referred, for the first time to the reward center and was informed...SORRY, time has elapsed, we sent you a letter.

How many others have been scammed by this crap?  It will make a great episode for Judge Judy.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

The Reward Card is a monopoly hustle Direct T.V. has going on and they are trying to lock AT&T in the set with themselves! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I just called 888.388-2505 to apply for the rewards card I was told that at email will be send to me on August 26 to apply for $200 Visa rewards card.  I don't know why them make so stressful.  To make it worse I could not understand the operator or let me get a word in to explain.  I use to be a loyal DDTV customer for many years and moved & now I had an installation & I'm not happy with DDTV.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

They what to chat with you in person and tell you how it’s not their problem you didn’t get your gift card. That’s what they did to me. Any gifts not claimed before 3 months are void. Even though when you sign up they tell you it’ll take 3 months to get it!!! Definitely won’t be an at&t customer after my contract is up 🖕🏼

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

This is absolutely ridiculous!! I signed up for Uverse phone, internet & tv in April 2019. One month later, I received an email saying to claim my 3 reward cards: one for $200, one for $100, and one for $50, I followed the instructions and claimed my rewards. One month later, no reward cards. I called (on hold for 30 min before reaching a human), they apologized and supposedly sent 3 more reward cards. One month later, no reward cards, so I called again and again they resent the cards - so they said. Note that I'm talking about 4 weeks later than the "mailed" date on their rewards web site.

Finally 3.5 months later I received ONE card for $200. I called the number on the card to activate. First I entered the card #, then the automated system says it was transferring me to another automated system. I entered additional information into that 2nd automated system, then it AGAIN says it's transferring me to a THIRD automated system - and in fact a human answered. She "activated" the reward card after literally asking me approximately 10 questions, then transferred me to another automated system that was supposed to allow me to create a pin#. I messed up the card ID (I was multitasking), and the system said, "Looks like you're having some trouble, please try again later." and hung up. So a couple hours later, I started over. I again ended up with a human who said that because I messed up entering my pin#, the card is now locked and I have to try again after 24 hours. 

So I called again today. The rep I spoke to said that the card I'm calling about is one of the original cards I was supposed to get back in May. And since I've since called to have the old cards replaced, this card isn't good anymore and there's no way to activate it. I've asked with each phone call if I can have the cards sent to a different address, just in case the mail service is screwing up - despite getting all of my other mail without any issue, they said no. I asked to speak to a supervisor and of course I get a snarky individual who continued to tell me there's nothing they can do. She actually saId, "How would you know if you're getting all of your mail when you wouldn't know about the mail not being received?" OMG! I'm getting all other expected mail... except this. She said after 2 more weeks, I can call and have the cards resent to a different address if I set up a separate billing account - no one said that before. She also said that some of the cards had been returned by the USPS. Say what??? Again, I'm literally getting all of my other mail, even my forwarded mail, with no problem. I call baloney (apparently I'm not allowed to curse on this site), especially since no other rep has told me this. Somehow, I get a different answer from each rep that I talk to... hmm, seems fishy to say the least. Currently my replacement cards have not yet been mailed according to their rewards web site. 

Seems to me they are running down the clock so they don't have to give me the $350 I am owed. NEVER in my life have I had so much trouble getting a reward - well, except for 4 years ago when I switched to AT&T cell service and they were supposedly going to buy me out of my Sprint plan. Long story short, it took MANY calls, resending the required documents multiple times, and 6 months before I ever received any of the buy-out money - and I never received all that was promised, only partial. With TXU and any other company, when I receive a reward card, it comes within a week and a simple automated service activates the card. Simple as that. 

There is no doubt in my mind that I will never receive these rewards, but I will continue to fight for them. AT&T is Satan. I never wanted to switch their cell service 4 years ago. Sprint's customer service was spectacular in my experience. But they were the only service where I could get a signal at my house, despite living in a large metropolitan area. I didn't want Uverse this go around, but they have a monopoly in the area that I got that service as well - part of their evil plan.. They are laughing all the way to the bank on this and on the price gouging methods that they routinely practice. I pay around $450/mo for all of the services that I have with them, they owe me this much. This is war.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

IHave the same problem 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

They're still pulling this scam. I was promised in May that I would receive $450 in rewards....now, they're telling me that the reference number for that conversation (I had a transcript sent to me because I was afraid it was a lie), doesn't even exist. I did get $150, but now Customer Service tells me I have to take it up with the Rewards Center and the Rewards Center says I have to take it up with Customer Service. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

I am having the same problem. I was offered $350 and was only sent $150 when I contacted a rep via chat he stated the promotion expired and is now $100.  I told him that even now the promotion on the site is $250 and sent him the url. He said he could not access it and to call the number 800 288-29983 I was holding for a half hour until they closed. I will have to keep trying but I am very discouraged.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

They are still doing this scam today. I was supposed to get a $200 gift card for signing up for the $50/monthU300 internet plan. I was told to wait for something to come to me in the mail. No card ever came. So I called Customer Service and they said I had to go to a website to activate the reward before it would be sent out. When I tried to do this, the reward center site had no information on my account. Now I cannot even get a hold of a person on the phone for the reward center. I have been on holding for 40min. All the while, they took away my $50 promotion randomly, ad was charging me $80/month and when I called customer service, they noted that it was an error and the promotion had fallen off but said it was impossible to change it back because that promotion was no longer being offered and the computer doesn't recognize it. After 1 hr of convincing, the customer rep finally change me back to the promotional value but said I couldn't have a credit back to my account for the previous 2 months. Eventually after a second call, I got credit for the overcharged bills... but still nothing on the reward card. I have heard this from multiple people. If you are on autopay and not checking your bills very carefully. They will scam you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

My it was $300 and it’s supposed to be mail in October this is the 6 time I call they cancel and send again and I’m supposed to receive today and I call and I find out that they never send the card and know said the card has been used and never receive the card I’m make a complaint in BBB next Monday it’s a scam

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Hey fellow AT&T customers scammed with the promise of rebate cards.  I filed a complaint with the FCC and got a call from the office of the president of AT&T and a $100.00 service credit within 2 days of filing the complaint.  I activated UVerse 300 & Gig Speed internet in May 2019.  I was told to expect a $300.00 rebate credit card.  I received a $100.00 card 3 weeks later.  Then, I called the rebate center and was told a $200.00 card was being mailed.  Then 3 weeks later I received another $100.00 card.  Called again and told to expect the final $100.00 card which never arrived.  Called a 4th time and was told I was past the 120 day limit and told to pound sand and get lost.  

File a complaint with the FCC - https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/

Also file a complaint with the FTC - https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted#crnt

I filed the FCC complaint on 12-4-19 and received the final $100.00 as a bill credit on 12-6-19.

Good luck!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

I have the same issue now they said the card has been used and I never receive the card

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

File the complaint with the FCC.  It will go straight to the office of the president of AT&T.

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Giant scam. I’ve waited since Jan 10. Called every few weeks. Each time, a new excuse.

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

You can take the following precautions to avoid this type of scam:

1. Always read the small print, including Terms & Conditions when you sign up for anything, whether it is on paper or online. This may be tedious but it is the best way to know what you agree to do.

2. Watch out for “reward card” come-ons in stores. If you are offered a discount for signing up, it probably includes a sign-up for a store credit card. Ask the clerk for a copy of the sign-up form and read it thoroughly before signing it. The incidence of these scams is on the rise.

3. Look for “check” boxes that already have check-marks in them to know what you are signing up for. This tactic is increasingly common. Also, never click a “yes’ box or say “yes” in a phone survey taking time to think about it. There should not be a rush to make an immediate decision.

4. Regularly check information on your credit card and phone bills; both mobile and landline services. Take immediate action if you need to dispute charges and/or cancel services.

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.