Get the myAT&T app
sellisonss's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 5th, 2014 7:19 PM

Reward Card expired

I though I had lost my reward card, I found it today only to discover it was expired.  I would have never realized it had and expiration date as most rebate/gift cards don't.  Is there anyway to get a new card, it was for $150.00 and I really could use it!!  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@sellisonss wrote:

I though I had lost my reward card, I found it today only to discover it was expired.  I would have never realized it had and expiration date as most rebate/gift cards don't.  Is there anyway to get a new card, it was for $150.00 and I really could use it!!  

This from the Reward Center:

No. We apologize, but expired rewards will not be honored.

😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@C3PO-1 I know they warn you to use them quikly as they do expire soon and to look at the expiration date so you are not surprised.  That was on the rebate reward paperwork I recently got.  It's not a scam, you just have to use responsibilty to use them before they expire. 😉

Chris

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@ComID8 wrote:

Hello, I didn't realize that my AT&T rewards card expired in July 2015.  I have not used the card and it had a value of $100.00.  Is there anything I can do not to lose this reward money.

Thanks,

Nope, it's gone, per Reward Center guidelines, and you might have forgotten the warning they gave to use it quickly as it would expire quickly(I know, I've seen it).  Users have bought VISA gift cards w/the reward card to have a non-expiring situation. 😉

Chris

ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

9 years ago

You snooze, you lose.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

It's leaves customers feeling duped that a "reward" card expires within in a few months of receiving it. I would have preferred a credit to my account. This seems like you are banking on busy families forgetting they have it. It's not an effective way to build loyalty.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I totally agree!!

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

9 years ago

I totally disagree. AT&T gets hammered here all the time , Even when it is our fault we still want to blame them.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I agree totally. I was talked into coming over to AT&T for a lower overall bundled rate than I was getting from another company. Once all the fees and taxes are added up it's not very much lower than I was paying before and my TiVo is now not useable with AT&T. But I was also promised a rewards card for $150. I'm a very busy person being pulled in many directions and then you add the holiday's life becomes crazy. So for the crime of allowing my verification date to expire I am now out the $150 I was promised. I have heard from your rewards center and now read on this forum various versions of "your card has expired we can't do anthing for you". You are a billion dollar business that can do anthing you want to do. You can re-issue my card. You can tell me where that $150 went.  Was it donated to charity and if so what charity? You can realize your customers are the most important component of a service business and keeping them happy is something you should strive for everyday.

Very disappointed.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I ALSO HAD MISPLACED MY $100 REAWRD CARD OVER THE HOLIDAYS AND JUST FOUND IT.  NOW I READ THAT IF IT IS EXPIRED TOO BAD.  GREAT CUSTOMER APPRECIATION ATT.

aND TO THINK I SIGNED A 2 YEAR AGREEMENT.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@dupedaswell and @Wihdldy Click the ATT Customer Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your reward card  situation.

They have helped others users in other ways to make them happy.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.