Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Oct 7, 2016 1:09 AM

Returning equipment

When going to UPS to return UvErse equipment to ATT, does UPS already know the address? If not, what is it?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Ref101, yes. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 years ago

Just take the unboxed equipment along with your account number to UPS.  They will box it up for you.

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Do they (UPS) know the address?
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

4 years ago

A "The UPS Store" knows how to accept a U-verse equipment return, you do not need to provide the address to ship it to.  You only need to provide the equipment and your 9-digit U-verse Account Number.  Note it has to be a "The UPS Store," not a UPS shipping office or another shipping storefront that accepts UPS shipments.

Please be sure to get and hold on to the receipt they give you for your equipment.  It contains the serial numbers and a tracking number which serves as proof of return, in case your equipment gets lost between The UPS Store counter and your account record at AT&T.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

4 years ago

Yes they know the address. Make sure your keep your shipping receipt to prove you returned the equipment.

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 years ago

Yes.  You will get a receipt.  Hang on to it in case there's any issues.

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I know I will get a receipt. The question is does UPS know where to send it?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Do I need to return the Netgear Wi-Fi extender too?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 years ago

@AmyOib wrote:

Do I need to return the Netgear Wi-Fi extender too?

Probably not.  Did AT&T install this?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Yes, AT&T installed it. In other words plugged it in to outlet.
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 years ago

I'm asking because most modern AT&T Internet accounts would not use Netgear equipment. 

Do you know what kind of account you are ending?

What other equipment did AT&T provide?

Can you provide the exact model number of the Netgear equipment?

Get started...

Ask a new question