For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Extorted's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 24th, 2017 10:24 PM

Returned equipment and still billed for said equipment

First of all I want to say that if you are looking to retain ATT for services I would reccomend looking else where.

Now with that being said back in March of 2016 Att and I parted ways and it was not on good terms to say the least. Now with all the battling that  I was doing with them over a bill they were very rude and even less understanding. Now since I have been battling with them I have returned their equipment. I have the return reciept from the UPS store that shows they have their equipment back in their possesion.

Now I have called them over the past 6-7 months trying to get this billed taken care of and have recordings (I Record them as well as them recording us) that they are taking care of the charges for the equipment and everything is all good. Now is this really the case NO its not they lie and after countless hours on the phone with them they have now told me that we have our equipment and you are still being charged for it because you sent it back late.

Well things happen in life and just because something was returned late doesnt mean they can still charge you for it and they have it in their possesion. In my book this is extorsion they have their equipment but are still charging you for the equipment and the lies they tell when you call them on it is just seriously bad business practices. They need to be more specific on things and be upfront with the consumers which they are not..

Now again I just got off the phone with 5 different people as they had decided that I may go away if they just keep transfering me to different departments well that failed. Now the first person I talked with told me everything is taken care of and all charges are taken care of and I should see the credits for the equipment charges, so I said to this one ok e-,mail me an updated bill with the 0 balance and I will be fine, she then proceeds to tell me she does not have that capability and tranfered me to another person and this person again asks me for all my information, yet again I am giving all the same information then this person decides to tell me that they are now going to esculate the situation and get things cleared up.

Now I am like wait a minute the other person that transfered me said it was already taken care of, She tell me no I am going to esculate it for you and get the charges taken off seen as how we have the equipment here so I told her I would wait while she did that. well all the sudden I get yet another guy on the phone that treated me like I was less than smart and didnt understand the words that were coming out of his mouth. So now he proceeds to tell me that yes the equipment is in our hands but seen as how you returned it late we are still going to charge you for said equipment.  I was shocked and asked him again you are charging me for something I returned that is in your possesion, and he was like yes and thank you for returning the equipment we sure appreciate it.

So now at this point he tells me he will let me talk to a sales rep and so I spent yet another 15 minutes waiting for him to catch up for him to tell me well my computer wont let me do anything so best thing is for you to just pay for the equipment you returned and it should clear it all up for you. At this point I was so mad there was no more talking so come Monday I will contact an attorney on this situation and also talk to the BBB on said ATT practices.

So again if you plan on going with ATT I would definately think otherwise as once you get catch in the web it is a tough fight to get through all of the lies. Will talk with attorney on Monday and see what kind of web I can create....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We ordered At&t cable and internet. It didn’t work, after getting no help we cancelled THE SAME DAY! Returned equipment the NEXT DAY! They’ve hatrassed us until we paid the fee over $100 for hookup, and now they’re harassing us a YEAR LATER for the equipment. 

We own stock in the crappy company and are ashamed to be affiliated in anyway. Will remedy that soon. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Glad to have found this thread - do we get club jackets too with AT&T in a circle with a line through it on the back? Make mine an XL please.  🙂 

Same M.O. in my experience. Cancelled service back in March 2017. Shipped equipment back via UPS on 3/15/17, thankfully listened to the UPS staff who told me to keep the receipt as they hear complaints all the time about people getting billed later on for equipment that was shipped back. Hmmmm....

All goes quiet until June 2017 when I get a letter from AT&T about owing them money. Documentation is exchanged, phone calls made, we'll take this off sir. I think this is done. August 4, 2017, SunRise Collection Agency sends me the letter. I send the documentation to them. Goes quiet. December 6, 2017 I get a letter from another collections agency, Diversified Consultants in Florida, same topic, I call them, leave messages, same process, goes quiet. Fast forward, a WHOLE FREAKING YEAR goes by and in February 2019 I see a hit on my credit report, which I check 2x a month, and find the team from Diversified is back but now they are filing a derogatory comment to the credit companies. Guess who... AT&T still asking for their equipment money back.... No letters were sent to my home this time. No phone calls were sent to my phone number.... all I get is a drop in my solid credit rating. THAT IS HOW I'M NOTIFIED. Here we go again.

I calculate I've spent about 18 hours of life dealing with this issue over the years. I think an invoice back to AT&T with the time billed at my company billing rates is now appropriate. (That comes to just over $3500.00 AT&T, in case you are wondering). So now, here I sit with all the past letters and correspondence in front of me, again. With an issue still not resolved. Someone posted about reaching out to the FCC.... that's an excellent idea. Hopefully, Iris, whom I added to the growing list of AT&T employees working on this issue today, will actually bring me peace. Why do I not believe it.... 

Sincerely,

Irritated in Fort Worth 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I was also told by UPS to keep my tracking information forever! I returned one piece of equipment almost 2 years ago and have been billed $10/month for equipment rental! I know  AT&T received the equipment because I tracked it!

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

omg! I’m starting to really believe this is a SCAM! I’m seriously FED UP with ATT! We’ve had cell service with them for almost 15 years. And I’m on to their schtick... constantly making promises that are lies... then when we call and call and finally get a “supervisor “ who apologizes and says they have no idea why we’ve been told such and such (it’s happened many times), they say they’ll do whatever they can to make it better... but what the do is never as good as the original promise, but just enough to appease us. So we give up in exasperation and accept the appeasements.... this has happened so many times I’ve lost count... false promises made “better” long enough to keep us pacified until the next time. But ever since we’ve added internet and worst of all direct tv (a rep for which bald face LIED to scam us into switching from uverse— which an att rep confirmed before we agreed to switch) THEN they say they never received the old equipment and want us to pay $179!!! We’ve called and called and cannot get satisfaction. I’m seriously going to leave this company.... no more cell service. No more internet. No more cable/satellite. DONE

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Ha! I realize now this is a common practice for them. Same situation here with their Uverse garbage product.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.