Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sat, Aug 15, 2015 8:54 PM

Retention refuses to extend bundle promotion

HI, I'm a close to 10-year continuous Uverse customer. I have bundled U200 TV, Elite Max internet and phone. A one-year promotion just expired and increased my bundle price nearly 60%. I called to price match an offer from Time Warner. Not only did Retention refuse to price match, they were unwilling to offer anything near my previous promotion. I've moved my service 4 times over three states and I've been mistreated by Uverse before: bungled installations, disappearing rebates, etc. but this is the first time I've decided to quit Uverse entirely. I was told to call back when I get my Time Warner install date. Nice way to reward loyalty, AT&T. Churn, baby, churn.

Responses

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

5 years ago

@Lanfeare   Good luck w/TWC then just cause you can't get a break on your Uverse service. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

hex731

Scholar

• 

275 Messages

5 years ago

So when Time Warners promotion runs out will you come back to U-verse.

twistedpair

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

5 years ago

I'd leave too. My promo is up in Sept and if they can't give me the same or better than what I have now i'm jumping ship also.

I have U-verse, Wide open west and Comcast in my neck of the woods.

I'm def shopping around. And once that promo is up I be shopping around again !

pedrochin

Guru

• 

638 Messages

5 years ago

A never ending promo really isn't a promo any more. Accept that promos end, and regular prices are then charged with no discounts. Then decide if your time and effort and any accompanying hassle is worth it and act accordingly - no need to get upset.

JadedPixie

Scholar

• 

217 Messages

5 years ago

@Lanfeare wrote:

HI, I'm a close to 10-year continuous Uverse customer. I have bundled U200 TV, Elite Max internet and phone. A one-year promotion just expired and increased my bundle price nearly 60%. I called to price match an offer from Time Warner. Not only did Retention refuse to price match, they were unwilling to offer anything near my previous promotion. I've moved my service 4 times over three states and I've been mistreated by Uverse before: bungled installations, disappearing rebates, etc. but this is the first time I've decided to quit Uverse entirely. I was told to call back when I get my Time Warner install date. Nice way to reward loyalty, AT&T. Churn, baby, churn.

I know what you mean. I tried to call them earlier this year and didn't get much either. It makes me wonder if they really have a true "retention" department because it's the job of the people who work in that department to do what they can to retain customers. If you end up having to go to TW for awhile because it's what you can afford I hope things don't go to badly. 

Good Luck!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks, I'm in the process of setting up TWC. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Maybe. My area is getting Google Fiber in the next year, so I'll probably give that a spin. Someone below questioned why I was upset with promo that's not never ending, and my response is that AT&T has to constantly provide both their existing and new customers with value for the money. An $80 a month cable bill, in the age of Netflix, Google TV, etc. just doesn't make sense to me. I'm more apt to keep Uverse internet because I have fiber to the house (laid by AT&T, nice way to return on your investment), but to be honest, I would probably be just as happy with internet from TWC. Thanks for sharing. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

SOLUTION: Message ATTCustomerCare on this forum.

After getting the run around from Uverse I tried a suggestion I received here: message ATTCustomerCare. The first response stated that Uverse doesn't match introductory deals from competitors, only regular pricing. Not helpful, since I was tempted by TWC's intro package. I tried again, and got someone willing to call me and wheel and deal on pricing. I'm on a year contract again, but I got very near the promo I had before. 

Get started...

Ask a new question