Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get the myAT&T app
Wisen95's profile
Wisen95
#1 Star!
The 5th element!

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Thu, Sep 28, 2017 1:29 AM

Retention Phone Number

I cannot get to the retention team via customer service ? After a healthy debate with a customer service agent today about my overcharges - during the transfer to retention services the representative disconnected my request? I'm at a point of disgust and disappointment with this company. Anyone else having billing charge issues please speak up!

• 

2 Messages

2 y مضت

Guys if you were lucky to see this thread before considering using AT&T, never use it! There is no so-called customer service in this company as what they could do is to transfer you to different lines - taking the tour in AT&T if you don't mind!

madmax988

Scholar

• 

516 Messages

2 y مضت

Some agents are still better than others, but most will refuse to do anything related to technical issues (not all though), and some will try to transfer you for billing issues.  For a billing issue if they say they can't fix it, hang up and call again, it seems some agents have more access (or intelligence) than others.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

I've had it with AT&T after DECADES of being a loyal customer!
They are trying to bill me for "canceling the contract" because I refused to accept why the increase in charges in my year contract when it started in July of 2019??  
Obviously they couldn't care less they just want the $$ from anyone they can con into it. 
NOT ME I AM DONE!

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

I am having major billing issues and getting nowhere with customer service representatives!!

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

They have been billing me for 8 phones when I only have 4. Countless hours on the phone, in person ect. Still getting billed $600 for a $175 package.  Ticket numbers they gave me to follow up with don’t exist. I’m in the same boat. Any thing you’ve come across that helped?  

madmax988

Scholar

• 

516 Messages

2 y مضت

@sdintino you probably won't get a response here. This subforum is for uverse tv services.  You need to post your question on the att wireless phone forum and I'd suggest a new post.

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

Yes I am going through the same thing they told me 1 price  when I signed up then everything changed I have a 353 dollar bill when I call for retention  I never get there other people I talk to that have Att have the same problem maybe a (Edited per community guidelines) suit is the only way to get some help do anyone have a direct number to Att retention.

(edited)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 y مضت

It is actually very easy to get to the retention department.   When you call their main number, and the automated attendant asks you to state why you are calling, say ‘cancel service’.  When the autmatron asks if you are moving, say ‘no’.    You will then be transferred to a call center which is most likely off shore where you will talk to someone who is speaking from a script.    Then they will out you on hold....and then you will get a notice that your plan had changed per an order you placed.    That communication will show you that your charges have been dramatically reduced.....I suggest you take a screen shot of the new dollar amount they communicate, as they will change it upward by 30% in a few hours, and then gaslight you when you call them out on it.    Make no mistake, AT&T is horrible

• 

1 Message

1 عام مضت

They cannot allow you to disconnect via the internet in writing because they want to disrespect you by sending you to retention.  If you are hard of hearing or have a language barrier - they do not care.  They will talk over you with their script, disrespecting you and refusing to shut the service off.  I will never use another AT&T service of any sort due to the 2 experiences I have had with "customer retention" and trying to shut off services 15 years apart.  They will literally refuse to shut off your service.  They will not put anything in writing.  The first time I had to get loud in a store in front of customers and the manager of the store had to get on the line in order for them to finally agree to shut a phone off that was out of contract that had been a spare and was simply no longer needed.  Three months of that crap because they were saying I had to call on the EXACT contract date which was apparently different than the billing date, I had to tell them who I was transferring the service to, and just because I was "rude" when I said I was done talking to them - to cancel the service and hung up when the guy asked me why I wanted to do such a "stupid thing".  The second time around this was internet that was the only provider at my  apartment that I needed to shut off for a move - I was upfront and told the woman JUST SHUT OFF THE SERVICE.  She used the fake scripted "empathy" (Edited per community guidelines) and again - an hour and a half trying to get me to keep the service, even though I told her I was not interested in transferring service.  She continued to talk over me with 'special deals' and start asking the craziest crap about me transferring to an imaginary roommate or relative, where I was moving (an RV), and trying to sell me other AT&T services.  I will NEVER do business with this company again or any other company that requires you to call in to cancel their service.  

(edited)

• 

1 Message

10 m مضت

Called AT&T today about excessive sale calls and the AT&T rep (spelled his name Zanrr) kept trying to upgrade/sell me extra services. When I ask for supervisor, he hang up on me. Just waste 30 minutes of my life and am back on the phone again trying to reach someone. AT&T IS SO ETHICAL.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.