Get the myAT&T app
L

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 28th, 2020 12:12 AM

remotes for cable boxes

I have remotes for my u-verse cable boxes that are so old and want them replaced.  Customer service doesn't understand what I am asking for when I call and wait on hold for 50 minutes.  Do I have to pay for new remotes?????

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

3 years ago

AT&T used to provide replacement remotes when they no longer functioned properly, but I understand that this is no longer their policy.   Even when they did this, they didn't replace them because they were "old" and the customer "wanted them replaced," only when they didn't function.

To order a replacement remote from AT&T, visit this link:

https://www.att.com/buy/accessories/specialty-items/att-u-verse-tv-standard-remote-control-backlit-black.html

Sometimes AT&T U-verse remotes show up a thrift stores.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

HELP, I always get overseas representatives that don't understand English!

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

3 years ago

or ebay, craigslist... there are different models of UVERSE remotes, the S30 is the newest followed by S20, then S10 (all three are black models) then the older GRAY models.

AS UVERSE IPTV is no longer offered since March 1st 2020, expect to pay for a remote new or refurb.... could schedule a tech appointment but may be charged a $99 service call if a problem does not actually exist with your service. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

3 years ago

$20 through AT&T. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.