Get the myAT&T app
lu9603's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Monday, February 22nd, 2016 8:25 PM

Promised Promotion (by Retention Department) Went AWOL?!

Hi everyone,

Here is what happened to me, and I am not happy about it.

On 1/9/2016, I reached Retention Department on the phone.  As a result, I was promised the U-verse promotion: $15 off Internet, plus $10 off phone.  So, the actual monthly cost would be Internet = $32; Phone = $15.  This would be effective till 1/8/2017.

Two bills later, my account saw no promotion whatsoever.  Yesterday, 2/21/2016, I had an online chat with an AT&T rep, who connected me with someone named Shawn (or Sean?) today 2/22/106.  However, that person insisted that no promotion was on my account, and refused to adjust my account.

I have been an AT&T broadband customer since 9/2003 (I was on DSL back then), and this is what a loyal customer gets in return?!

I look forward to getting this issue resolved, soon.

Sincerely,

lu9603

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@lu9603   Contact ATT Customer Care on the link in my signature below.

Send them a Private Message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your promo problems.

Include your name, account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. They can do more than any phone rep and stick w/it till it's done.  Loyalty?  Not w/any providers I know, they worship shareholders and Wall St.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

Here is one more point.

Since the call on 1/9/2016 was recorded "for training and quality purposes", may I sugest that an AT&T manager pull the call recording, and verify what was said on that call.  This would be the most clear-cut way to decide who promised what to the customer at that time.

Just a thought.

lu9603

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks, @mibrnsurg !

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

This has been taken care of by ATT Customer Care a few days ago.  Thanks again!

Sincerely,

lu9603

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.