Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
danita777's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 1st, 2014 1:57 AM

paperless billing date change created an overdraft in my bank account

Happy Halloween Everyone,

i have called the 800-288-2020 line 3 days in a row because i have a problem with your accounting procedures, the first time i called was on 10/28.... i was told the problem would be corrected and my bank account would be credited for the $34.95 charge...someone lied to me since this was never done, i have been put on hold for forever, when i called on wednesday and thursday then the call was terminated by at&t. without even a goodbye or call back later etc.

i have better things to do with my time than to wait for customer service to correct thier error...

i am on disability and since you decided to bill my account for a full month after only 22 days of service ( my last payment was on Oct 6th),  i am now overdrawn and being charged an additional $35.00 by my bank.

i set up paperless billing when i first opened my account, with specific instructions to insure that each month i would be billed after the first of the month (to avoid this happening)

i receive one check a month, on the first and unless the month of october has been changed to only 22 days, i believe the next payment is not due until next week,

why was i not notified of the change in billing date?

why am i being charged for a full month after only 22 days of service?

who is going to pay for the overdraft charge at my bank????

why does your customer service continually lie to it's customers? is it because at*t employees want to get you off the phone or are they just waiting for someone else do their job and fix the problem ...

and finally can i get a job with you since there are no obvious skills needed and all you have to do is put customers on hold and never ever do you have to actually deliver service, yet you collect a pay check for work poorly done or not done at all ..

how much will i be paid an hour?

and finally when can i start?

***wondering if this will get posted and really curious if anyone at at&t will do anything about this problem of mine***

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @danita777 

Sounds like you have U-verse (since you were calling U-verse number), is that correct? Billing date did get changed in October of this year. Notifications were sent to all customers in your U-verse bill for two months prior to the change. E-mail bill ready notifications and automated calls also included reminders. However, the billing due date can be changed to fit your schedule, and our team can help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.