Get the myAT&T app
Mwendel's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 15th, 2015 12:36 AM

Over billed?

I'm wondering if it is standard practice for AT&T to charge the full $92 monthly rate for 1.5 days of service. The technician wasn't even finished installing my service until 4:00 pm on 6/29 yet I was charged the full months worth of service. Had this been made clear I would have had service set up on the 1st of July instead. Very poor customer service. Additionally I was told by the sales rep when setting up that there were no equipment fees, yet on my bill I'm clearly being charged equipment fees making my bill be higher than what I thought I was originally agreeing to. On top of this it seems like my bill will be going up another $10 at the end of June when the HD technology fee promotional period ends. At no point was I made aware this rate would only last one month until I received my first bill, bringing my bill to almost $20 more per month than what I was being made to believe I had signed up for.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Amen [Edited to comply with Guidelines]on OVERCHARGING AND ON THEIR LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

They keep telling you that you don't need the HD charges on there. Yet, every time I turned-around, they put it back on my Bill without my Authorization. I've had to Call dozens of times to have it removed.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

@AJLewis Agreed. The Fact that they keep adding numerous charges without asking, and billing for Months never received is what caused me to finally have to jump Ship. 

Funny, they never really showed any signs they cared about me as a Customer 'till I told them I switched to a Competitor.

Billing for months Never received, and then Hanging-up on Customer's is simply Unacceptable behavior.

Incidently, I went with their Competition, and I now get More Channels & much, much Faster internet, for lower price. Kicker is that their Competition doesn't charge for HD.

At&t better wake-up and smell the Roses, and stop their unethical Billing practices, if they want to have any customers left. The Reports of their billing practices are piling-up, you can see it Really all over the internet. 

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Oh, and did I mention, I'm paying Less, & getting More, now, with their competition? I only wish I hadn't waited so Long.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

So yesterday, I spent another hour on the phone, telling them I have been
overcharged $450 over last 6 months. Anna from Arizona in Retention
department told me she could only start giving me the price you promised
months ago, starting now, and give me only a $100 credit. I need a credit
of at least $400 since this is what AT&T told me they would charge me. Do
you not honor the contract? You have a recorded conversation of the offer
and agreement. I told her that was unacceptable and she told me a
supervisor would call me in about a half hour. Of course, no call! She also
didn't tell me that by giving me the $110 deal last night she was going to
take away channels and slow down the internet speed. Unbelievable customer
service!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

So you were overcharged $75 a month and only noticed after 6 months?

Caveat Emptor.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

No, I have called and talked to them five times now over the last 6 months, about once a month. Each time nicely told that the billing issue would be fixed and I would get the right price. I was just saying yesterday I was on the phone AGAIN for like the 6th hour long call this last six months. I can only handle calling about once a month, I don't want to make a living out of calling them up and recomplaining about the same thin.Transferred to three departments, starting over each time, then told a supervisor will call you back in half an hour, nope no call.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

8 years ago

So Skeeter you don't think the service provider has any responsibility in giving promised services, it's the customer's responsibility to make sure they get what was offered. You must be a paid shill for the company to be commenting on here. What did I do wrong as a customer if they said "we'll give you service for $110 "and I said "ok, do it" and then they sent me a bill for $190. Caveat Emptor is before the sale anyway, and I contacted them immediatelly plus the two months they begged me to wait after installation for the websites and billing to combine. Still 0 RESULTS.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

I have been requesting that ATT correct my bill for seven months.  Lots of false promises.  I just don't have the energy to call again and explain what I have explained for seven months.  I know you haven't done a thing wrong.  Good luck with this. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

good, sign me up
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.