PegAdvocate's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, May 28, 2015 11:31 PM

OUTRAGEOUS

This afternoon about 1 pm I attempted to move my AT&T Uverse service to my new address. I found that AT&T Uverse does not provide service at the new place.

I started a CHAT to find out about moving services. I spent 90 minutes getting the run around at the end of which time I was told a supervisor would call me back in 15 to 30 minutes - no one ever called me.

At approximately 4:10 pm I started another chat with AT&T. They offered me alternative services. An hour later the person on the chat connected me with direct tv services. I still needed to get phone & Internet. I was told the chat would be transferred to someone who could provide me with internet & phone. This person took my information several times & then said he could not verify the address because his equipment was not working but he would transfer the chat to someone who could help me.

I get transferred to what is now my third chat. I go around in circles with this person but they were actually Uverse tech support so they couldn't help me. Now 2 hours into the chat he tells me a supervisor will call me I am skeptical since the last person never called.

A supervisor does call but English is not his primary language & I cannot get him to understand what I am talking about. He transfers me to someone else. After waiting on hold a very long time I am connected to another person who doesn't understand English. After the 6th time of giving her my new address & her still not getting it right I tell her I want to speak to a supervisor.

First the supervisor assures me she will resolve the issue but then upon learning that Uverse is not available where I am moving says she can't help me. I tell her about the person who was going to provide me services earlier but his equipment didn't work. More time on hold then she connects me back to AT&T Uverse technical support. I go around in circles with this person who  finally asks if I want DSL. This is what the genius way back when was going to connect me to but his equipment didn't work. He says he will connect me to someone with DSL.

I wait on hold for several minutes then a recording comes on saying the office is closed it closes at 7 pm. The call is automatically disconnected. It is 7:05 ALMOST 3 HOURS AFTER I BEGAN THE INITIAL CHAT WITH AT & T & I STILL DO NOT HAVE PHONE & INTERNET.

I AM PHYSICALLY DISABLED I NEED PHONE & INTERNET. I AM MOVING ON JUNE 5 & NEED SERVICE CONNECTED THAT DAY. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET SERVICE?

PEG [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]:

ACE - Expert

• 

22.5K Messages

7 y ago

I found that AT&T Uverse does not provide service at the new place.

I think you have your answer there.

If Uverse is not available where you live then Uverse is not available where you live.  Uverse does not have 100% coverage in every area of the nation.

P.S.  Please remove your phone number since this is a public forum.

ms_unicorn

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

7 y ago

Hello, @PegAdvocate!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that U-verse isn't available in your area. If you still need assistance, we would be happy to look into DSL availability in your area. Please click here to send us a private message with your contact information the best time to reach you, and a brief summary of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.