Get the myAT&T app
CHUBBA1's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 6:24 PM

Closed

Outage - How long will it take?

I have had an outage in my area since 10am yesterday.  When I called yesterday, I was advised that outages are typically resolved within 24 hours.  This outage is apparently not tyipical.  What I don't understand is why AT&T can not give me any idea of how long the outage will last.  I called and was advised that the "agent will have no further information".  Unacceptable.  Why not provide an estimate?  That is less frustrating than having no idea of how long it will take.  Sure - you will get called out when you miss the estimate.  However, customers deserve to have some idea of what time frame you think it will take to resolve the problem.  Thisis unacceptable.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hello, @CHUBBA1!

Thanks for posting. Are you still experiencing an outage? If so, please click here to send us a private message so we can look into it further. Be sure to include your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief summary of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two business days.In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

***** I am experiencing a similar issue. My service is out today (Tuesday August 20), with no outages on the AT&T site (it says 'Good news etc etc', how ridiculous is that? But the agent on the phone conceded I have an AT&T outage and offered to repair this by Saturday (4 days later). In the meantime, I cannot be reached. Are we in Zimbabwe? I bet things are better there! 

[Please keep it courteous]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It’s been at least 4 days of internet outage in San Rafael, California! Based my knowledge, AT&T is the only internet service provider in Northern California that had an outage after a Public Safety Power Shutoff which by the way ended 4 days ago. Called the tech support and was told it could be fixed in 24hours and that didn’t happen. I want an explanation of what happened and why it takes so many days to fix ! 

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

4 years ago

when they say 24 hours, that's automated and meaningless.  First you need to determine if its an actual "outage"(affecting you and your neighbors) or if it's a problem only with your house.  Then you need to get a hold of tech support on the phone which is easier said than done.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Our landline kept being off for days after a power outage.  With research I found out that the government used to require the phone companies to have back up batteries to support landlines, but that requirement ended.  If you want no phone outage you will need to switch to cell phones. 

We switched to cell phones.    We also switched to high speed internet because the DSL was only on a landline.  The power is out in my neighborhood right now.  We spent a lot of money getting 8 AGM batteries installed that will charge with our solar.  The AT&T high speed modem is working so I have internet during the outage.  (Also have kitchen appliances, garage door opener, TV, computers, lights, and most importantly refrigerator.  Not A/C, heater, washer/dryer, but I don't feel stranded.)

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

Original thread is 5 years old.  Please start a new thread in the appropriate forum.  Closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.