AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
KSPilot

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

Tue, Jan 5, 2016 3:52 AM

No way to redeem free movie coupon?

I asked this in another thread, but figured it's worth its own.

I got an email telling me I have a free movie coupon, and has instructions on how to redeem. But it doesn't work. Expiration date is 31 Jan.

There is no coupon code in the email, just this:

1: Press the On Demand button on your remote control and select Coupons
2: Select the "Movie on Us" tile and press Watch Now
3: Follow the steps to redeem your movie

I do step 1, and the only coupon options I have are a list of movies to choose from at 50% off.

I contacted support via chat, and they said they would add a $3 credit to my account, then told me to select a 50% off movie so I could get another $3 credit. That would get me a total of $6 for one of those movies (not any of which I was all that interested in).

I don't know how to redeed that free movie. I guess I got what I paid for.

Responses

ACE - Expert

• 

15.7K Messages

5 years ago

I think that's how it works...you choose one of the 'selected' movies, pay $3 and then they credit your account for $3 making the movie free.

It's not a "pick any movie you want and never see a charge" offer.  It's a "choose one of these cr@p movies and we'll give you credit" offer.

I've reached that age where my brain went from "You probably shouldn't say that"

...to...

"What the heck, let's see what happens."

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
KSPilot

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

5 years ago

The only way I got the $3 credit was by getting hold of some guy on the chat screen, explaining two or three times what was going on, until he finally gave me a $3 credit so I can watch one of about 10 selections that I'm not interested in, already at $3 off.

There was nothing in the fine print that said there would be an extra $3 credit.  All the fine print I read said there would be  $6 charge for the movie, followed by a $3 credit sometime in a future billing cycle that would give me an end result of a 50% discount.

chiefdore

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

5 years ago

@KSPilot wrote:
I asked this in another thread, but figured it's worth its own.

I got an email telling me I have a free movie coupon, and has instructions on how to redeem. But it doesn't work. Expiration date is 31 Jan.

There is no coupon code in the email, just this:

1: Press the On Demand button on your remote control and select Coupons
2: Select the "Movie on Us" tile and press Watch Now
3: Follow the steps to redeem your movie

I do step 1, and the only coupon options I have are a list of movies to choose from at 50% off.

I contacted support via chat, and they said they would add a $3 credit to my account, then told me to select a 50% off movie so I could get another $3 credit. That would get me a total of $6 for one of those movies (not any of which I was all that interested in).

I don't know how to redeed that free movie. I guess I got what I paid for.

This feature doesn't work as it used to. The format has completelly changed.

The option to enter a code for a free movie is gone. It only shows 1/2 off coupons regardless of the email sent to you.

chiefdore

Get started...

Ask a new question