KSPilot
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

Tue, Jan 5, 2016 3:52 AM

No way to redeem free movie coupon?

I asked this in another thread, but figured it's worth its own.

I got an email telling me I have a free movie coupon, and has instructions on how to redeem. But it doesn't work. Expiration date is 31 Jan.

There is no coupon code in the email, just this:

1: Press the On Demand button on your remote control and select Coupons
2: Select the "Movie on Us" tile and press Watch Now
3: Follow the steps to redeem your movie

I do step 1, and the only coupon options I have are a list of movies to choose from at 50% off.

I contacted support via chat, and they said they would add a $3 credit to my account, then told me to select a 50% off movie so I could get another $3 credit. That would get me a total of $6 for one of those movies (not any of which I was all that interested in).

I don't know how to redeed that free movie. I guess I got what I paid for.

Responses

ACE - Expert

• 

18.7K Messages

5 y ago

I think that's how it works...you choose one of the 'selected' movies, pay $3 and then they credit your account for $3 making the movie free.

It's not a "pick any movie you want and never see a charge" offer.  It's a "choose one of these cr@p movies and we'll give you credit" offer.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
KSPilot

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

5 y ago

The only way I got the $3 credit was by getting hold of some guy on the chat screen, explaining two or three times what was going on, until he finally gave me a $3 credit so I can watch one of about 10 selections that I'm not interested in, already at $3 off.

There was nothing in the fine print that said there would be an extra $3 credit.  All the fine print I read said there would be  $6 charge for the movie, followed by a $3 credit sometime in a future billing cycle that would give me an end result of a 50% discount.

chiefdore

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

5 y ago

@KSPilot wrote:
I asked this in another thread, but figured it's worth its own.

I got an email telling me I have a free movie coupon, and has instructions on how to redeem. But it doesn't work. Expiration date is 31 Jan.

There is no coupon code in the email, just this:

1: Press the On Demand button on your remote control and select Coupons
2: Select the "Movie on Us" tile and press Watch Now
3: Follow the steps to redeem your movie

I do step 1, and the only coupon options I have are a list of movies to choose from at 50% off.

I contacted support via chat, and they said they would add a $3 credit to my account, then told me to select a 50% off movie so I could get another $3 credit. That would get me a total of $6 for one of those movies (not any of which I was all that interested in).

I don't know how to redeed that free movie. I guess I got what I paid for.

This feature doesn't work as it used to. The format has completelly changed.

The option to enter a code for a free movie is gone. It only shows 1/2 off coupons regardless of the email sent to you.

chiefdore

Get started...

Ask a new question