For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Wolfmure's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, October 24th, 2015 1:41 AM

No support from Sedgwick

I recently signed up for AT&T Uverse service. This required a new cable be installed from the street to my house. When the cable was buried my irrigation system was damaged rendering my system partially inoperable. I contacted AT&T about the issue and was sluffed off to Sedgwick.  

This company has provided zero support in resolving my issue. The person assigned to my case apparently doesn't even have access to information to determine who was assigned the task of burying the cable; AT&T employees or another company contracted for the task. He keeps telling me that he is in touch with people at AT&T and he is waiting to hear back from them.  Somehow he expects me to believe that he isn't capable of getting in touch with someone by phone or email and receive a timely response to a customer problem.  

I have read of others who have had similar problems with Sedgwick slow-walking thier cases. I get the feeling that they are trying to get us to give up and eat the cost just to have the problem go away.  Well, that is not going to happen.  

What can a new paying customer do to get some service around here? 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

If you had any sort of damages, it will be handled by Sedgwick (Claims Management).  Once a claim is filed, you will have to deal with them and not ATT.

Years ago when we first got Uverse, the tech stepped through the garage ceiling and the sheetrock fell on our parked car.  I had no problems with them and they handled our claim in a timely manner.

If you have a valid claim, it will be handled by Sedgwick as quickly as they deem possible. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I wish I had your good fortune. The problem I seem to be having is that either AT&T and Sedgwick do not have an adequate system for communicating information between one another or Sedgwick employees are using the fact that they are a separate entity as an excuse for poor service. Either way, I find any extended delay due to the inability to access information that is easily obtainable from AT&T sales/order databases as a failure to provide good customer service.   Sedgwicks unwillingness to share basic information about my claim is quite frustrating.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I made a contract with AT&T - not the company they contracted with.  AT&T is responsible to live up to the agreement they made with me.  If an AT&T employee is recommending that I contact my insurance company and should see this situation first as a legal matter and not as a matter of poor customer service, it does not say much for the company. 

Sedgwick is not doing AT&T any favors by being evasive and unresponsive to even the most basic questions about the incident. They just make AT&T seem like a giant out of touch company interested only in getting my money and not in providing good service to it's customers. Mistakes happen and I can accept that. However, it is how the company responds to the situation that matters. Putting a separate company in charge of handling the matter who then resorts to pointing to yet any company as an excuse for delay does not in any way help AT&T live up to it's resposibility to quickly resolve this problem.  And yes, time does matter. 

You are an AT&T employee and you have provided terrible advice to a paying customer. The first action should be to identify the failure and have the company fix the issue as quickly as possible. Just fix my property and stop dragging this out so you can save a few bucks by making my insurance company pay for AT&T's contractors mistake.  Even it it comes down to a legal matter involving insurance companies and lawyers this is definitely a pertinant matter for other customers to be aware of with regards to the AT&T's services. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Well after a full week plus of nothing from Sedgwick all of the sudden I received a resolution. They admitted that it was AT&T employees that caused the damage - not a contracted company.  They asked me to get an estimate and in 2 or 3 weeks I am supposed to be reimbursed.  The whole process was incredibly frustrating. The Sedgwick support person gave me absolutely no information about my claim along the way, no indication of the status, or where in the process my claim was until it was decided.  Horrible service. 

Meanwhile, in the process of having my irrigation system checked out, it turns out that after damaging my irrigation pipe the folks who buried the cable decided that they would only bury it a half inch under the ground the rest of the way to my house.  I am through with AT&T.  I will re-bury the cable myself. 

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

8 years ago

@Wolfmure Sedgwick did notify you where you were in the process, it was just not to your liking. Your own post stated the Sedgwick was waiting to hear from AT&T who was responsible for the damage.

Regarding the cable depth, you may not be in a region where you get a hard front thus negating the need to bury it further. I would STRONGLY sugest you DO NOT attempt to bury it any deeper as that line is considered AT&T Facilities, and you have no business messing with it. If your so conserned about the dept of where it is buried, dig your own trench, then pay AT&T to re-lay a new wire in it.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

You first posted 10 days ago and while we don't know when the damage occurred, settling within 45 days would not be unheard of.

Insurance companies don't just write out a check because you say you have a claim.  There's lots of paperwork and legwork that must be done before they let go of any $$$.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Ahh - I was in the process the day I contacted them for support.  That's obviously not what I am talking about.  

OK this is the deal. I contact AT&T with a support call. I get Sedgwick. I ask the person assigned to me to explain what will happen with my claim. They say they contacted AT&T and are waiting for a reply. Then nothing for over a week. Sedgwick has no ability to track the cases. They are a black hole of nothing until whomever it is at AT&T - who actually does the work - informs them what is going on. Sedgwick is basically a message handler between AT&T and their customers. They cannot actually resolve any issues themselves.  

As for the cable, if the choice is between a crappy job that could damage my property or respecting AT&T's facilities, I choose my property.  If they are that concerned about the matter then I will switch to a better service provider when I get the chance to do so. 

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

8 years ago

@Wolfmure Again, you just dont get it. You expected AT&T/Sedgwick to just cut you a check on your first phone call. Thats not how insurance works. You literaly are getting you claim processed as fast as it can be. There needs to be time to determine if damage is AT&T's fault, another contracted party's, ect THAT TAKES TIME.

The fact that now, 7-10 days since first contact your now being told to get a estimate that its AT&T's fault shows that the process is working how it should. Yours is not the only claim that is being worked on, you dont have a personal rep handling just your case, as it seems you think is the case. Clearly this is your first time EVER filing ANY kind of insurance claim.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm searching for someone to speak to that's above Sedgwick. About a month ago when AT&T came out to hook up out Uverse the guy drilled through our bed. Three years ago we purchased this bed brand new for 10,000. Well today Sedgwick FINALLY emails me and they want to pay a 100.00 dollars, a 100 dollars for our 10,000.00 bed! I'm sorry that isn't going to fly, I'm needing to find out who's above Sedgwick that I can get I touch with? When AT&T first turned it over to Sedgwick, sedgwick told me they'd pay full price or at least in the ball park, and 100 dollars is know where near close to either of those!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

8 years ago

Just to play Devil's Advocate:

So the bed cannot be repaired?

Did the 'drilling' that was done ruin the bed?

Is the bed no longer usable?

What kind of drilling was done that made the bed completely unusable and needed to be replaced?

It's a $10,000 bed.  You'd think it would hold up against a drill.

I had an ATT installer fall through my ceiling (garage) and damage my car hood but I didn't expect them to replace the car.  I got a check to cover the REPAIR of the ceiling and the car.

Side note:  I Googled "$10,000 bed" to see what a $10,000 bed looked like.  Not impressed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.