Get the myAT&T app
J

• 

4 Messages

Monday, October 19th, 2020 12:55 PM

no insurance hit phone pole

I have been calling demand and claim for damages all i get is a voice mail and no return call. Please help I have a claim for over 25,000.00 for a car accident.  Car hit phone pole no insurancel 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

file a claim against who? at&t isnt financially responsible if the person who hit the pole isnt insured

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

4 years ago

I'm confused by this question.  Unless the phone pole jumped out in front of the car, the driver of the car (or his car insurance) will be responsible for damages to the pole.  No car insurance, then the driver.

AT&T will be in touch with you if you're the driver and they own that pole.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

Im assuming they hit the pole, and because they were not insured it’s possible their automobile has been impounded. Until they settle up with the owner of the damaged property they can’t get their car back. At least I know that happened to my first ex-husband many years ago.    

i’m pretty sure whoever owns the pole will be in touch with you to collect.    

The person responsible is the driver of the car. If you’re trying to get your car repaired you’re on your own. It’s not like the pole moved itself into the middle of the road.  

@Constructive   i think its sunday every day.  🍨

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Can someone please tell me the next step I should take regarding my car.  I don't think my last post was clear. My car was stolen off my property with no insurance.  Before I could report it stolen the driver hit a phone pole he had no insurance a police report was filled out and I soon received a bill from att for 24,000.00 for damage to the phone pole.  HELP!!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

Why do you keep posting here?   This is a customer populated Forum not AT&T. I don't even see how this is an AT&T issue.   No idea why you think it is.  

It's your responsibility to have insurance.  

I suspect you have a case against the person who stole and wrecked your car. But you can't get blood from a stone either. This is a police matter not an AT&T matter. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

@Janicemaybin   It sounds like you need legal representation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.