Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Sep 8, 2019 6:50 PM

NFL Network and Red Zone

Why can't I get Red Zone Channel 1629 when I got it last year?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

KrazyGameNerd

Associated Member

• 

251 Messages

a year ago

Because the NFL Network and Red Zone are no longer offered on U-verse TV. or AT&T TV NOW.

per TVpromise.com, "The NFL Network and RED ZONE CHANNEL remain available to all fans on DIRECTV. However, as we continue to manage content costs, we could not reach an agreement with the NFL to continue to carry their channels on AT&T TV NOW and U-verse TV."

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Official Solution

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

127K Messages

a year ago

The NFL Network and Red Zone remain available to all fans on DIRECTV. However, as we continue to manage content costs, we could not reach an agreement with the NFL to continue to carry those channels on U-verse and DIRECTV NOW.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

I just discovered that Useless-Verse no longer carries NFLNetwork and NFL Redzone.  I just called them and complained but to no avail.  I'm giving them a week to fix this and then I'm gone.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.9K Messages

a year ago

The NFL Network has been gone since April. 

When you're in your 60s & people ask you to do something, you just say "No".  No reason.  No excuse.  No explanation.  I can't wait for my 70s.  I don't think I'll even answer.   -  Jerry Seinfeld

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

There's not many NFL games in April, which I assume is why AT&T did it then.  Now that the NFL preseason is started, people are starting to try to tune in to the NFL Network, only to find that it isn't there.  I texted a friend who also has U-verse and he wasn't aware of it either, responding with something that this forum won't allow me to repeat..  AT&T needs to be ready for a major backlash.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I just called about getting Uverse and getting rid of Directv because I only want REDZONE not Sunday Ticket where you must have both w/Directv.

I was told that Uverse still has REDZONE but no longer has NFL NETWORK, now I'm confused???, I'd like to know for sure before I order.

Please help if you know...thx

bill4002

Scholar

• 

290 Messages

a year ago

Uverse has dropped BOTH NFL network and the NFL red zone channels,

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

a year ago

I was told that Uverse still has REDZONE but no longer has NFL NETWORK, now I'm confused???, I'd like to know for sure before I order.

AT&T customer service is told what to think and what to say. They are useless.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

See below:

Annotation 2019-08-11 144845.jpg

Based on my conversation with a U-Verse rep yesterday, the status has not changed.

We have Roku and are testing PlayStation Vue to completely replace U-Verse, as Vue offers a plan at $55/month that includes NFL Network and a sports pack that includes NFL Red Zone and some other channels for $10 more a month.  While several providers offer NFLN and RZ, Vue offers the locals in our market, while Sling and Fubo don't, and Comcast isn't an option.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Since the contract has already been settled between AT&T and CBS as of 8/8/19, I wait another month to see if Uverse gets Redzone since I still have Directv until my 10/1/19 contract expires.

If they don't have it by then, I will order Dish network even though I'll still need an internet provider which makes it more of a pain here in SoCal.

Fosterworx

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

a year ago

I am completely bummed with ATT U-Verse dropping the NFL and NFL Red Zone channels. First the PAC 12 channels were dropped, now the NFL. If it were offered as a paid package at a reasonable price, I would do that. As it stands now, there is no other way but to change providers, which as a retired ATT tech, I do not wish to do. Please find a way to resolve this.

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

127K Messages

a year ago

We understand your frustration. The NFL Network and Red Zone remain available to all fans on DIRECTV. However, as we continue to manage content costs, we could not reach an agreement with the NFL to continue to carry these channels on U-verse and DIRECTV NOW.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.5K Messages

a year ago

Of course the NFL Network people failed to mention how they didn't have a deal with Time Warner for years until they did.

It's the same situation with every dispute...the two sides publicly fling all sorts of mud until a deal gets done then they act like they're best friends and nothing ever happened.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

It has been a month and a half still no nfl. i know you people lie but just tell the truth for once. Give us the truth about when this will be resolved and no lies about still working on fixing it

Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

a year ago

Get started...

Ask a new question