For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
dabruton's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, July 23rd, 2015 12:51 PM

moved out of uverse service area

I have moved and am not in a uverse service area (not even an at&t service area). I cancelled my uverse account (6/30/2015) when I moved. I have had at&t service for about 30 years and the same email address all that time. Is there any way for me to keep my email address now that I no longer am able to get at&t service? If I can't keep the email address can I set up forwarding to gmail that will stay in effect indefinitely or do I have to notify everyone and change my email address? How long will my at&t email account stay active after service is cancelled?

How do I return the uverse equipment to at&t? I kind of expected to get a letter or email with instructions on how to return the equipment. I assume you want it back, right?

David

Former Employee

• 

422 Messages

9 years ago

You should have received a return label for the equipment, you should be able to call in and get one resent to return the equipment.

as far as the email, yes you will be able to keep it, just a reminder though you should get an email from AT&T if not mistaken in a few months, (If memory serves), the email will be to convert the AT&T registered email to a Yahoo free email.

If you get this email and do not respond to it you risk having the email account terminated. If this happens there is a department within AT&T that can re-enable the account on the free service provided by Yahoo, but saved emails and contacts will most likely be gone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.