Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Sun, Jan 19, 2020 10:40 PM

MOST HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE....EVER!!!!!

I signed up for AT&T Uverse on 8/14/19 with a customer service rep named COLTON. He assured me that I would get specific channels I was interested in -- specifically confirmed that I would receive CNN, FOX News and CBS (which was in dispute with AT&T at the time). Service was hooked up a few days later and I did NOT receive those three channels. I would have NEVER signed up for this service if I were not LIED TO by COLTON.

Called to cancel the service. BAU confirmed that my service was cancelled and was done so within the 2 week cancellation period. I started to get bills for a $405 early cancellation fee. I had to call several times and was told that this would be taken care of and that indeed my records showed that it had been cancelled within 2 weeks. I kept getting bills for $405 -- now past due for this early termination fee. I called several more people at AT&T and a rep named STEPHANIE assured me that the balance was clear and noted it in the system.

In November I got a note from a collection agency ......AT&T had turned over my account to a collection agency!!! I wrote a letter disputing the charge and stating the dates, names and EMPLOYEE REFERENCE numbers of the people that I spoke with. Their recordings always say that the call is recorded for "training and quality purposes"....so go back and check the recordings AT&T. The collection agency went back and disputed my claim and then I called back a few weeks later and was told that "AT&T had said the claims were justified and that I owed this amount!!!".

I spent another TWO HOURS AND TWENTY FIVE MINUTES on the phone with AT&T customer service -- I started with Kylin in the Atanta office who wouldn't give out his employee number who than transferred me back to the main loop to start over. I spoke with John in the San Antonio office in he U-verse Loyalty program (not sure why i got there!). He stayed on the line till another lady came on the phone who then transferred me back to a loop and I somehow got transferred to the Spanish speaking line (I don't speak Spanish so not sure why I was transferred there!), then got transferred to Finance and spoke with Paula Employee #DDF3KF9 (who doesn't handle collections"), Jenny in Billing Employee # Jx611M inthe Philippines, and finally to her supervisor RANDY Employee #RA6488 who assured me that he saw that the account was cancelled within 2 weeks and I shouldn't be responsible for the charges. I asked if he could please send an email to let me know that. I was told -- NO ONE IN HIS BUILDING CAN SEND OUTSIDE EMAILS FOR SECURITY REASONS TO KEEP MY INFORMATION PRIVATE......ALTHOUGH MY PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION HAD BEEN TURNED OVER TO A COLLECTION AGENCY! I was told I would get an automated note in 24 hours showing that the account information had been updated and I could log onto my account and see that it was cleared (WHICH I CAN'T BECAUSE THE ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED). Needless to say, I did not get the automated email. I got on a three way call before hanging up and had RANDY EMPLOYEE #RA6488 tell the Credence Collection Agency that the account had been resolved and that AT&T was responsible for the balance. I thought this would finally resolve things.

NOPE! On 1/14/20 I called Credence Collection agency to confirm that they had received something from AT&T. NOPE They told me that I still owed the $405. I called AT&T back and was told by the recording that my account was past due by $405 and then went through the horrible maze of holding on the phone at 8:24pm and after holding for 17 minutes and 49 seconds a recording came on that said "due to circumstances we are unable to take your call at this time"....and then the call disconnected.

I honestly think this could be called Harrassment and I am thinking of filing charges to get this nonsense to stop. I have been trying in earnest to resolve this issue for the past few months and I don't know what else to do to resolve this. Should this be considered Small Claims Court? Better Business Bureau filing?

Responses

• 

1 Message

a month ago

What a horror show! How can any customer service for any company of this size be so utterly incompetent. I've read that they are trained to just LIE TO YOU and it would seem that's what's gone on here- over and over. Just more proof- AVOID AT&T at all costs (pun intended).