Major Customer Service Issues with Trying to Upgrade Uverse Family to U300
I ordered a bundle package of Uverse Family and Internet 50 online for a total base price of $75 (that includes one additional receiver) plus taxes per month (plus a significant amount in reward cards) on 7/8/18. Installation was scheduled for 7/13/18. A couple days after ordering, I noticed that I needed a lot more channels than offered by UFamily, so I started chatting with customer service reps to figure out the best way to upgrade to U300 while still retaining my current installation date and the reward cards included with my initial online order. The other thing I needed was to get the same promotion deal online that I would have got if I had signed up for U300 online 2 days prior instead of UFamily online. (Total base price of $100 for U300 (that includes 1 extra receiver) per month plus taxes). After being transferred to multiple agents, and literally spending 5 hours chatting online or on the phone or on hold, I finally reached someone named Myles in a chat on 7/10/18 (which I saved of course). He assured me that that ATT could upgrade the UFamily to U300 for the offered online rate of $100 plus a discount of $5/month because of the wasted time and frustration over such a simple issue. So I was instructed to proceed with the current 7/13/18 installation and to contact ATT after the installation and it would be no problem whatsoever for them to upgrade the UFamily to U300 for $95 base price plus taxes per month and the same reward cards that had been included in my initial online order. I had seriously been considering cancelling the installation altogether after this fiasco of customer service, but because of the promises made in the conversation with Myles, and that I could be "rest assured" that because of the notes he put in my account there would be no problem upgrading to U300 for the $95 base price plus taxes per month and that I would retain the same reward cards from when I ordered online, I went ahead with installation. Since installation I have spoken to at least over 25 people both on phone and chat (have all the chats saved) and been told that the upgrade for the promised price has been ordered 3 separate times, but each time it is cancelled or does not go through for some reason. These are managers/supervisors that I am talking to as well. One supervisor on the phone actually gave me a ticket number to figure out why the upgrades are not being processed, but when I spoke to someone the next day he said there was no longer any ticket number and that last upgrade order had been cancelled as well. I am beyond frustrated and completely regret going forward with the installation based on the promise of a customer service rep that none of this would be a problem. I have now spent most of the past 4 days chatting or on the phone to get this simple upgrade done. You would think ATT would WANT a person to upgrade to a more expensive TV package? Can someone higher up the chain at ATT PLEASE contact me to get me upgraded to U300 for the promised price? Obviously the people I speak to (at least the managers) are putting in orders for the upgrade that are not going through and being cancelled for some reason and this needs to be fixed ASAP. Not one in over 25 people has been able to do it and believe me I have been transferred to every department there is at ATT. Please contact me and I can provide the personal info you need to be able to put this matter to rest.
5 years ago
Update to my post above: All the sudden the TV service updated from UFamily to U300 finally! HOWEVER, my online account says that the monthly bill for this will be $134.57 per month, which completely ignores the hours and hours of chatting and phone conversations where multiple customer service reps and managers confirmed (several in written chats that I saved) that the total base price for the bundle of U300 and Internet 50 will be $95 plus taxes per month. Once again, I did all of this online, and the offered price for the same bundle online (where I made my initial order) is $90 plus $10 for one additional receiver. And I received a discount of $5/month for the extreme inconvenience and frustration of being transferred around to agent after agent for hours on end for such a simple issue. That is a total of $95 plus taxes per month for entire bill. How in the world they can claim that it is $134.57 per month is beyond me.
I am honestly at the end of my rope with this company and I have only been dealing with them for a week! Anyway, to any higher up ATT person seeing this, I do now have the U300 service, but you are charging me much more than was agreed upon. Please contact me to correct this billing issue ASAP. I already tried the billing department with no results. As I said earlier, I have multiple chat transcripts to back up the correct monthly price I was promised.