For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
J

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 1:54 PM

Looks like I'm leaving AT&T after many years..

I received an alert saying my current promotion was ending yesterday so I decided to reach out to AT&T to see what my options were, as I have been with them for many years and this is normal ever 1-2 years. What I was in store for next has now left me shopping for a new TV and internet provider. Two hours, 8 AT&T customer service reps later. I was hung up on twice by members of the "loyalty department" and never called back. I take this as a sign things have really gone down hill at AT&T and it is time to move on. I am very thankful I didn't switch my wireless service to AT&T over the winter, as I contemplated it several times. 

Goodbye AT&T, if you don't fix how you treat your customers you wont be around much longer.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

Uverse TV is dying a slow death so it is somewhat understandable that they have no incentive to offer discounts. Why would they when they want to transition customers to DirecTV or even more so to AT&T TV.

Don't get me wrong.  I have Uverse and I love Uverse but the writing is on the wall.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Not sure how that’s relevant to the terrible customer service. I’ve been in business many years, the goal would be to treat someone well and convert them to a new product you offer, not treat them horribly and hang up on them several times. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

So your issue is NOT that there are no discounts for Uverse TV.  Your issue is being hung up on.  Got it.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

The post was tagged customer service, I think you’re starting to catch on...

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

Ohhhhh....This is NOT customer service and no one from AT&T monitors these forums.  We're customers just like you.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Ok, boomer. Thanks for being the watchdog of the AT&T forum. Haha. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

and who is "boomer"?

(edited)

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

I just got $40 per month off my U-300 package. The crazy thing is that they didn't extend it...they gave me some sort of new $40 off.

I swear my bill says $40 off until 4/2021 and another $40 off until 4/2022.

So yeah, it looks like I'm getting $80 off U-300 this month. Where it says "amount due", I'm seeing a credit. It actually has a negative sign.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same here.  My take is they are getting rid of the Uverse TV and so they are upping prices plus not giving customer support to make people stop their service.  They tried to push me on to the ATT TV streaming service, which I tried.  I was to have a 2 year contract.  Lo and behold I see on my FB feed they are advertising "no contracts" for the new streaming service.  That was enough for me.  I sent back all of the equipment and now only have internet.  Sling TV, Youtube TV, Philo are much better services with NO CONTRACT and easy disconnect.  AT&T is the worst.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

It did recently change so that no contract is required. The no-contract offer does not include a receiver, which some people may prefer to have. Such is life when you sign a contract anywhere with any program. Prices are in-line with other providers.

At least AT&T has the Bally Sports channels. That's enough to keep me around.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.