Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
Am y56's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Mar 11, 2014 8:09 PM

I was promised a $200 gift card for signing up for U-Verse, didn't get it.

I was hesitant about going with U-Verse over TWC and the AT&T rep. called ME and promised me a $200 gift card if I would sign up with AT&T.   I decided to do it and never received the card.  When I called the rewards center to find out about it the man I spoke to not only told me that I couldn't get the card, that if I didn't like it I could cancel my contract!  He said that the notes on my account didn't say anything about my being offered a gift card (basically calling me a liar).  I can promise HIM something:  I will never use AT&T again for anything!  Their sales representatives will promise you anything just to get you to sign up.  DO NOT USE AT&T!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 y ago

I didnt say it was a scam. I simply said I never got any communication that I needed to claim it and was actually told the opposite - that it would be sent automatically. I PM'd customer care and will try to go that route. I had MAJOR issues with getting my account registered correctly and I have no doubt this is fallout from that situation. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

I've had the same experience that all 11 people here had. I even experienced the ATT Uverse billing rep tell me she is so sick of ATT's marketing reps promising consumers the world, and then the billing department has to give the bad news. This is unethical, not to mention illegal. If any of the consumers start to record the sales conversations, [Edited to comply with Guidelines] Horrible experience. Tried Uverse two different times. Promotions promised, never received or fall off after three months when promised for the term of the contract. Hardware issues..... the list goes on. If you look on the web, you will find thousands of customer complaints with the exact same issues. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

I'm having problems just signing up for my 200. Dollars gift card. What's up?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

It happened to me too. I told them about the email that I received and they said this promotion is not available anymore, and I just got this email and it says until 9/30/2017 and today is still 9/18/17. I felt deceived by AT&T. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

I received an email promising me the $200 gift card. After I signed up with AT&T just now 9/18/2017, I was told to go to att.com/rewardscenter to claim my card, and that is nowhere to be found. I called and they said the offer is over, and I just got the email with that offer, and it says expiration of 9/30/2017. We need to get Ghepard on this matter. I felt very deceived by AT&T since I only signed up with them because of this offer. The offer doesn't say any restrictions, only that I have to signed up to direct tv which I just did it. I'm so upset. I hope they will correct this matter. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

It is a scam for sure, since right after I signed they told me to go claim it in the att.com/rewardscenter and there is no way to claim it. I called and the person who answer said tat offer is no longer available and I just received that offer and the expiration date is 9/30/2017, and today is 9/18/2017. The only reason I signed up with them was this offer. I can prove through the recorded phone call that the sales person validated that offer for the $200 visa gift card. I'm so upset over this. We should all report this to the better business bureau and get Gephardt program. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Never got my 200 dollar gift card for signing up service.... never was told I had to claim it on line, never was told about an expiration  date to claim.....    and NEVER missed a payment!!!   I’m a loyal customer and the representative said there was nothing to be done..Seems like false advertising to me. Currently looking for a trustworthy service.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

I signed up with them in July and they promised me the 200 gift card as well. They completely screwed up my account I was suppose to have bundle deal for 99 now I have two different pills paying 200 a month and paying for two phones when I only have one (yes I have called and was promised that it will come off my bill, still haven’t) bottom line is now they are saying they were never running that promotion even though they gave me a confirmation number last time I called to check on it and a flyer in the mail! This is definitely a scam and beyond irate with them at this point it’s not just the gift card it’s the bill, customer service, internet goes out all the time it was the worse decision to switch to att can’t wait for my two year contract to be up! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I had this same issue. Then if you want to cancel the contract, you have to pay his BIG FEE! I wish I would not have gone with them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

AT&T is a scam was offered a 200$ gift card never received called too check on status an was told theirs nothing in the system saying too expect a card. All lies too get you too get their service. Need too be reported 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Same with us! Promised 1 thing and NOT delivered.  Unbelievable that they just lose track of their offers. We thinking of cancelling. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 y ago

Same here.

I got AT&T, and the offer was for $200 card. The lady said she would include a second card free, because of problems I experienced. I have waited, and when I called, AT&T are now saying that they can find no record of the conversation I had. After mentioning I was on this website, suddenly it changed to, oh you have to claim the card within 120 days. My psychic powers are not so good anymore, so I didn't know that!

AT&T scam!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Promised me $200 gift card when called after 30 days they said I should have it in 30 days. When I didnt have it I called back they told me that I was suppose to claim it. It is expired. These people fool you dont sign up for this service. I will cancelling my service and will not pay terminate fee. They dont remember the contract why should I?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I Pedro A reside on  Las Cruces N.M 88001-4017 . I was promised a card On the 10th of November 2017 for signing up with your company Direct TV, as to which I have not yet received and I would greatly appreciate an update on this matter, therefore your company should not promise any customers any kind of deals such as these just to get us to sign up. To me that is false advertisement and should be reported for creating such dilemma and not trusting your company,  so again I would really appreciate a answer from you on this matter.   My telephone # is                                               Thank You,

Pedro [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

corpus christi TEXAS $200 REWARDS CARD PROMISED /  NEVER CAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.