Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Sun, Nov 12, 2017 6:05 AM

How horrible the customer service is

Does anyone else feel like this company has a horrible customer service department? I feel like my questions never get answered they always want to go to a different topic you never mentioned. Also does anyone else have a problem where their making their payments each month, then next thing you know your being charged more than you should be charged?

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I get charged every month 2 times for the same item. I just got off the phone they told me the only solution was to call back every month until the NFL package is over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Been a loyal AT&T customer for years.  I’m so disgusted with their customer service.  I’m sick of being put on hold to discuss issues they have caused and then having them hang up on me, transfer me to the wrong department, ask me to repeat my concern dozens of times, and lie about resolving issues.  The service is horrible at all levels. What’s especially annoying is how they act like they care, when they obviously don’t.  And I should be grateful for being a part of AT&T Thanks?  Thanks for nothing!

What I found hilarious was one of the AT&T associates who I spoke with said she’s battling with AT&T about a $500 charge she received on her bill.  She said she hasn’t gotten anywhere with them, and she’s frustrated with AT&T as well.  Lol!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

They accidentally disconnected my phone and internet line from pole yesterday at about 530PM - still trying to get something done.  Customer care has no real care - demand to speak with manager ignored - someone should contact me directly and then look into firing one of them who could not even really communicate - then thought Julio in Miami repair center had at least arranged for work to get done today after almost 2hours on phone - nothing was done - it should have been simple - call Maintenance Supervisor for Richmond, California area and immediately re-connect the line.  No such thing with AT&T - am balancing laptop in a store that closes soon to be able to do this!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

AT&T stop caring for their customers. They just want the customer money and even not providing the service. My phone line is down and they just don’t want to fix it (scheduled appointments but no technician show up). They keep rescheduling it and expect their customers to take time off, sitting at home and wait for their technicians. It’s about time AT&T management wake up and see how bad their customer relationship and support departments are before they go out of business.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

ATT stop caring for their customers. They just want the customer money and even not providing the service. My phone line is down and they just don’t want to fix it,scheduled appointments but no technician show up. They keep rescheduling it and expect their customers to take time off, sitting at home and wait for their technicians. It’s about time AT&T management wake up and see how bad their customer relationship and support departments are before they go out of business.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

They do have terrible customer service. I have a bad main box in my livingroom and i have been calling in to have it fixed for a long time so 3 weeks ago they said they were sending a new box out i have never recived it so i called to find out what is going on and now they tell me i have a past due bill so they will not fix their own equipment till i pay off my bill this is crazy i have to pay for equipment that doesent work so they said when i pay my bill they will give me a new box. I dont know about anyone else but why should i pay for broken equipment. My bill should have nothing to do with the equipment. This is stupid and very poor customer service goes to show you how important the customer is to them with out us they would not have a job. Maybe they should think about that for once.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I had exactly the same experience only it took three eight hour days to get all resolved  no body gives the same answer to the same question. I feel as if they try to confuse you so they don’t have to deal with it. I have been in busiess for over 30 years and have never experienced anything quite like it.  Further I don’t get how anyone would stay with them.  They changed my “unlimited “ WiFi hub from $20 a month to $40 per month and then when I question the up charge they changed it without my permission to  limited 20 gig with a $10 per gig program. No way to change it back I was told within 5 minutes of the change.  The overall experiacne was a business that was not there to help mine.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

AT&T has the absolute worse customer service! I have called numerous times over billing issues caused by misinformation given by their employees and a month later no resolve. I have probably talked to over 30 per people and still no help!!!! Stay far away! This is after being a customer for over 15 year... I will never recommend them to anyone loyalty means nothing them

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

I gave up on calling.  I get nowhere with them and end up more stressed.  We are working on transitioning to a new carrier.  Their customer service is the reason why I went with them in the first place.  Now it is horrible and they never seem to know what the other is doing.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Yes it the worst ever they can't fix my issue after almost a while year I will sue them 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

It's the worst service ever I regret getting service with AT&T I will Sue this company they can get nothing right it's gonna be almost a year they came fix my account I got charged for another line another form which I did not approve of so basically that stealing I will Sue AT&T and not pay the remainder balance on the phone because I will see them in court and I have lots of evidence to prove it

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

I absolutely detest AT&T!!!! If they were the only option for phone service I think I would choose pigeons over them! I had my horrific experience with them over a year ago and I am still bitter. Basically t hff e charged me $300 for 2 weeks of cell service. And my husband finally got rid of direct tv after they switched to At&T. I honestly don't understand how they stay in business.

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

I agree completely. I call with issues and there solutions are to spend more money. Upgrade services and spend more money. They sold me upgraded internet speed. It’s slower than when I had a cheaper package. I called and the technician came out and the only solution was to spend more money on a third party router because ATT equipment isn’t high tech enough to handle the higher speed ATT sold me. ATT equipment should work with the package they sell

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Extremely frustrating customer support, I've been on a chat/call with them for hours now and they are just switching me from one agent to another whilst convincing me they are fixing the issue. There was no resolution in the end of course. bye bye at&t

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I hope someone at AT&T has actually reads this.

I have Internet, multiple mobile phones and AT&T TV. I have always had a problem with customer service. Their reps offered me a replacement phone over the phone. I went into the store and was treated like a criminal in January. The rep in the store said that the rep on the phone said that and it was noted but they would not honor it. Once I asked to see the notes the rep put via his in store IPad he literally tried to fight me. The manager had to come over and defuse the situation. 

Jump to now. I took advantage of a 300 gift card option to get AT&T TV with 30 days consecutive service the gift card would be mailed to me. Nope, have called in twice now. Was assured not to worry and I called in again a week later and they only want to give me a 200 gift card. Once this was brought up to the manager in rewards Tamara I was told I have to call customer service. Now I’m on hold. Here’s the kicker she said if I would have signed up via a mail advertisement she could honor the 300 but since I called a representative it’s only 200. Does that even make sense? Bait and switch?

All in all. Do not trust a word they say. They don’t care about their customers only their bottom line. I don’t need the money, I operate off principal. This is by far the worst service I have ever had and look forward to changing all of my AT&T services after contracts end. 

Get started...

Ask a new question