Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
C

• 

1 Message

Wed, Mar 25, 2020 4:06 AM

Grossly overcharged on my first ever ATT bill.

I just moved to a new state and decided I would give AT&T a shot at providing me with a tv and internet bundle package. It was between att and cox. Well, I am starting to regret my decision. I was sold an internet and tv bundle for $89 dollars a month (similar to cox's bundle price). My first bill came out to $177 dollars. I was told they would waive activation fee as cox was doing the same. On 3/11/2020 I had a online chat conversation with an AT&T employee about the overcharges and he assured me these would be resolved and I would only have to pay the $89. So as he requested I made a payment for only $89 and still 13 days later it shows I am past due the incorrect extra amount. He assured me I should only pay $89 and it would be resolved shortly, thankfully I saved the chat. Can anyone recommend how I should proceed to handle this mistake from At&t? Thanks.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

2 y ago

First, you should note that the first bill likely includes a prorate for a partial month and a full month of service. That will inflate the bill quite a bit. The second thing to note is that taxes and fees (including local broadcast fees) are not included in the quoted rate. Together, I can see that adding up to nearly the difference between $89 and $177. Not all activity that AT&T makes is immediately available on the online account display, which is unfortunate. I'd continue to communicate with AT&T regularly.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.