Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
apss40's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Aug 18, 2014 9:24 PM

Frustrated with AT&T support

I'm in CA, I have phone and DSL; AT&T sent me a bill for $90 all of a sudden, a steep hike! I called and was told to switch to Uverse for phone and internet, I agreed. On July 25 the Uverse technician arrived and found my wiring does not support Uverse, I asked to be immediately put back on DSL the way I was. He said he could turn the phone back on but DSL has to be turned back on at some central office and that would happen the same day, he leaves. I call the Uverse support and I'm assured my Uverse order is cancelled. No DSL all weekend, I called and complained, they assured me my Uverse order was cancelled and I have to wait till Mon for the DSL technician. On 7/28 the DSL technician arrived, he said he was unable to do anything because the Uverse order is still active! He calls around and finally manages to connect DSL. Everything is OK for a week, on 8/2 my phone line is dead, my online account says "number is not functional"; I cannot even post a ticket! I call and I'm told I have to wait till Monday 8/4, and there's a Uverse order still active! On 8/4 I'm on the phone with AT&T support from 8am-1pm... 5 hours, punted around from one agent to another all over the country. Finally at 1pm I'm told by "Bob" that the Uverse technician had left my phone on Uverse so when that order got cancelled my phone was disconnected. I am passed on to "Stephanie" in Missouri who explains I have to be treated as a NEW connection. I am assured phone will be back at 6pm and DSL on Thurs 8/14. A new order has been put in, I ask her repeatedly to ensure it includes phone and DSL, she confirms that it is. I'm assured I don't even have to be home, all will conme back on automatically. The phone is back, but no DSL on 8/14, so I call 8/14 and 8/15, on hold for 2 hours each time and several agents, I'm told the order has only phone, no DSL! The order is closed! I give them agent Stephanie's ID# and then I'm assured by "Ron" from San Diego, who actuall calls me back to tell me that DSL will be back on 8/16, 11am. 8/16 I get a VM saying the Uverse order is still active so they can't do anything! I call again, 1 hour and 2 more agents, finally "Bertha" from Texas assures me the Uverse order is cancelled, it will be 8/20 for DSL to be active. Each agent apologizes profusely like a parrot reading a script, each says he/ she is putting in detailed notes for other agents to read, they will definitely solve my problem but no one can see any notes when I call! No one knows what is going on, I am exhausted just reapeating myself. AT&T is a bunch of lying, inefficient people taking the consumer for a ride. It is 3 weeks now...

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.9K Messages

7 y ago

Hello @apss40 Thank you for posting!

I'm very sorry you're having so many issues with your service, our team will be happy to help you get it all sorted out. Since it's account specific, please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Following my post in this thread and consequent private email providing the information requested in  this post by AT&T, on 8/21/14 I was contacted by [Mr]Sims from the office of the President of AT&T Corp and informed that he was assigned to my case and would see to it that it was resolved. For once I did not have to regurgitate my whole situation again; he assured me that he had read my post. Subsequently, for the next 3 days I was contacted by Ms.Robins from billing escalations and then Michael from executive support, to keep help me with reviewing my service plan/ give me credit for the frustration/ loss of service and keep me informed of reconnection status respectively. I was given direct contact numbers to these people and the choice of a time convenient for me for them to call me. During those 5 days, I got a voice mail from Naomi in AT&T San Diego, CA and a letter in the mail informing me of AT&T's inability to proceed with reconnection because they could not run a credit check on me! I informed Ms.Robins, who confirmed that did not need a credit check and she would ensure people understood this. On Aug 25, I after re-registering and reconfiguring my modem and its password around 10 pm Pacific Time, my internet connectivity was restored. Mr.Sims and Michael left me voice mails to inform me that they see it is all up and running at their end. The ONE MONTH ordeal has hopefully come to an end. I say hopefully, because I would like to see it work consistently AND receive my credit AND see the proper billing changes take effect AND see it all represented accurately in my online AT&T account. I left a message for Mr.Sims and Michael and spoke to Ms.Robins to give them an update of the reconnection status. I'm thankful for their support and simply, for the relief from the stress and anxiety they afforded me. I will say this though, To Ms/Mr.President AT&T Corp, it took executive level support to intervene, and 5 more days for even them to drive this to a resolution. What I experienced of executive level support in the past 6 days is what I believe should be the competency level for STANDARD customer support in the situation I was in, which as you know was created, without doubt, by egregious incompetence of AT&T U-verse, Phone, DSL Technician and Support teams. So, Ms/Mr. President AT&T Corp, you have a big problem of incompetence on your hands. They are truly as bad as, if not worse than, the incompetence I've experienced in a third world country TELCO, considering the money we customers pay you in US dollars for 386 Kbps IN SILICON VALLEY CALIFORNIA is way above anything one would pay in a third world country. I am also curious to know if your team has determined the root cause of this mess to ensure it doesn't happen again. 

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal information such as full names]

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.