Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Aug 22, 2017 5:49 PM

Filing complaint w/ FCC for Bait and Switch tactics

I was provided a plan through the loyalty dept. to stay with AT&T.  Viewed my bill and it was higher than before.  Phoned customer service and was told the plan offered to me by the loyalty dept. would not be honored for the price it would be an addition $45.  I then was switched to the loyalty dept. and spoke to a very rude agent that basically told me "to bad so sad".

Nothing I can do.. After another hour on the phone I was told that I would hear back in 4-5 days.  At&t is not what it use to be... They sold me a plan to get me to stay that was not even available.  I am contacting the FCC and making a formal complaint.  After that I will set up service with a new provider..

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

I have tried since June to get a bait & switch issue resolved. I will be filing a complaint with the FCC and Attorney General. I have spoken to multiple reps who tell me there is nothing they can do and just deal with it. We bought a BOGO at an AT &T store and they refuse to honor what we sold. They said the salesperson got it wrong and pretty much too bad! I have been a customer since 2003. As soon as my contract is over I will never do business with this sketchy company again. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

I have tried since June to get a bait & switch issue resolved. I will be filing a complaint with the FCC and Attorney General. I have spoken to multiple reps who tell me there is nothing they can do and just deal with it. We bought a BOGO at an AT &T store and they refuse to honor what we sold. They said the salesperson got it wrong and pretty much too bad! I have been a customer since 2003. As soon as my contract is over I will never do business with this sketchy company again. 

b_lucky

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

3 months ago

My Order *****, same existing triple play services $113/month(plus tax and fees) was incorrectly overcharged with bait and switch to $155 10/8/2019, as well with $249.95 on 10/23/2019. I have been eager to wrap this up in a fair and transparent fashion for months (Aug-Nov 2019) regarding  AT&T's fraud. I did not consent to a more expensive service, when I brought this up this discrepancy a dozens of times to AT&T (phone, physical mail, live chat, bbb.org, etc) I was only sent in circles or not get an honest answer to correct AT&T's mistake. I took you guys advice and got their empty promises they said on the phone, in writing.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

• 

1 Message

I am having the same issue with AT&T Wireless. Twice I have been sold phones at one price/plan only to be told later by a different rep that it will be a higher price/plan. I have already spent over six hours on the phone talking to different agents trying to resolve it. The last straw was a sympathetic rep who promised the supervisor would call me back later that day and even gave me a number I could call back on (a rate exception to be able to folllw up). Guess what? Waited three days, no call, and when I called the number it was disconnected. You would think we’re dealing with some dark web shady operation not a major American conglomerate. My family has spent thousands of dollars as loyal customers since 2009. I will send the phones back and cancel all of the service; this is ridiculous.