Facilities issue when service worked 2 days before asking to be upgraded to Max Turbo
I'll make this short and sweet(kinda).
7/21/14 - Inputted new order online to upgrade Uverse internet speeds to Max Turbo. Order went in fine.
7/22/14 - Received e-mail in the morning stating that my order had been cancelled. Called Customer Support to find out why. Got a guy with the name of James who informed me that there was an error on my account and it would need to be deleted and a new account made to upgrade. I asked if that would terminate my service. He stated yes. I asked if this could be expedited to where this could be turned back on immediately following the new account and service order. He stated yes and that he would get with the "Dispatch" team to expedite it immediately and give me a call back. Never received a call back. Still wondering why my account had to be re-made and services cut off just to upgrade to Max Turbo internet. Still can't get a straight answer on that at all.
7/23/14 - Called Customer Support in the morning after receiving an e-mail stating my service and order had been placed. Was told by the rep that I would not receive a repair tech visit until the 31st of July. I told her this should have been annotated as expedited due to it being an AT&T side error and not on my side. She said she would get with "Dispatch" and expedite this after I explained the issue upon upgrading to Max Turbo. I was told I would get a call back in 15 minutes. Didn't receive a call back at all. Called back to customer service later that day to find out why I didn't receive a call back and was informed that no one was tagged to call me back in the system and no one knew anything about my last call. During the call I found the magical change appointment date/time on the order sheet and changed it to 7/24/14 (today) to have my service turned back on. Informed the rep and told her that I would wait until the 24th to have this fixed (since it was already past 3pm that day).
7/24/14 - Repair tech shows up 30min late. Repair tech calls about the order and stays on phone for 2 hours. Repair tech informs me that this is now a facilities issue and cannot do his part until they replace equipment on the outside of the house. He then informs me that he will call them now to see if they can expedite this before 4pm (it was 1pm at the time) and he will then come back out after his next dispatch call to take care of this. 4pm rolls around and I call customer service to get an update. Lo and behold no one knows anything about when this magical facilities crew will get to work on what it is they need to work on. Appointment has now been set to December 2036 with no time on the order.
So here I sit using 4g service to write this out. Still questioning why I wanted to give AT&T more of my money so I could be without service for almost 3 days straight now. Still wondering how this could be a "facilities" issue when my service worked just fine before they decided to delete my account and terminate my service on their end when all I wanted was quicker internet.
Cannot wait for Google fiber to make its way here in my San Antonio neighborhood if this is how AT&T treats customers that want to pay them more for service.