AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Get the myAT&T app
Annie76's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Aug 3, 2015 8:17 PM

Downgrading UVERSE

I have been on hold now for 20 minutes.  This isn't the first time either.

I tried to make a change to downgrade my plan as my family and I are not watching much tv lately. I wasn't successful online so I called the 800 number.  The gal ran down a list of questions that had nothing to do with my request and tried to resell me on other packages as well as upgraded internet.  I need someone to listen to me, not to upsell me when I am already frustrated with their customer service in the first place.  I thought she finally understood my request and downgraded my service however a month later I received a bill upwards of $400 for the unnecessary movie channels.

So here I am again, trying to make the change online unsuccessfully.  Now I am calling customer service only to be placed on hold for 20 minutes.  Additionally, BEFORE I can speak to someone about my current bill and plan, I must pay the past due amount.  So there is no option for me to dispute the charge without paying first.  Classy AT&T. 

I pay the past due amount and am now on hold for another 10 minutes while I wait for a live person to discuss my options for downgrading my tv service.  When she (Stephanie) finally comes on it's the same song and dance...reading off a script...putting me on mute while she asks questions to her supervisor (she forgot to mute me at one point) about her product.  At one point she actually told me to go online to compare the packages.  The first thing I explained to her at the beginning of this call was that I was frustrated that I couldn't navigate their site to compare packages.  Isn't it AT&T's job to know their product and help me select the best fit for my family???  She also told me that U200 is only local channels...when I asked what local channels specifically she said well what channels do you normally watch?  I asked if ESPN was on U200 and she said yes...is that a local channel?  I'm being serious. 

I have now been on the phone for 45 minutes (yes my cell plan is with AT&T as well)...no changes have been made.  I am beyond frustrated.  There is no hold music or background noise and I fear that I may have been conveniently "disconnected" and will have to start this hellish process all over again. 

It seems to me that AT&T is doing everything they can to discourage me from lowering my monthly rate.  That's how they got me a few months ago.  I honestly thought that I had made the change on the phone at that time only to be hit with another huge Uverse bill. 

*update* after 50 minutes on this call the downgrade from U450 to U200 is still "processing" and now she is trying to upgrade my internet for only $10/month!!!!!!!!!!!  Slap in the face!!!

after 59 minutes my UVERSE was finally downgraded...and my lunch break is official over.

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

10.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @Annie76 Thank you for posting!

I'm very sorry about your negative experience with customer care. If you need help with anything else, or want to verify your plan changes, our team will be happy to help! You can send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

We are in the exact same situation, we have requested several times the change from U450 to U200, after fighting over the phone for several days, my online account still shows U450 but all the sudden we tried to watch the news from Mexico, only reason we wanted to keep the U200 and it says we're not subscribed. I definitely can see why so many people are switching to roku and other systems, I can't believe we have to fight so hard to get the service that we really are willing to pay for, companies should be more concerned about keeping the customers happy when there are so many other options out there.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

4.9K Messages

6 years ago

I've never had a problem changing channel packages. I always make changes online.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

We don't need the U200 Latino, the only 2 channels we watch come with the regular U200, and at this point that is irrelevant, the point is that nobody is helping service the account.  I would have done it online, myself but I get the message: "For help completing your order, please call us at ***. Be sure to take note of this number for future reference" 

today I'm calling and there is no answer at all.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.