Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Get the myAT&T app
3dawgs11's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 6th, 2016 12:14 AM

Customer service disrespect following a billing issue created by AT&T

I've just had the worst customer service experience with AT&T.  It all originated last year when a coupon from AT&T for a free movie did not work.  As a replacement, they offered free HBO and they assured me they would cancel the service after the promo period so I wouldn't pay any additional fees.

Now, fast-forward 9 months after the promo period and I've been charged $234 for HBO and can't get it reversed.  I've contacted them multiple times on 5 different days.  Today alone, I spent 2.5 hrs on the phone with them (OVER 1.5 HOURS ON HOLD)!  I was finally told today by a girl named Ty, that they would rather lose my business ($3600/yr) than help me resolve.  I am at a loss for words and don't know what to do other than take my $3600 elsewhere...that just doesn't seem like enough..........

chiefdore

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

7 years ago

I've had a promo on HBO.  I let it go past the promo period and kept it for months after.

I cancelled it on-line and was only billed for the days I used it.  No problems.

chiefdore

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

If you claim to be out $234 that means you had HBO AND Cinemax ($26mnth) because HBO alone is $16 a month ($144 for 9 months). 

So you enjoyed HBO AND Cinemax for all those months and because you didn't pay attention to your bill you expect to be refunded???  Seriously?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

It did include Cinemax.  And yes, I expect to be refunded because I was told I would not be charged and I never "enjoyed" the channels because I NEVER watched them (and then assumed it was cancelled like I was promised).  As soon as I realized I was being chaged, I alerted AT&T and was told IN WRITING that I would be refunded.  Yes, I still have it in writing.  They never did and now they are refusing to honor their word (which is now the 3rd time I've been lied to by AT&T).

In addition to being okay with lying, I guess you also feel it's okay to drag a customer through 2.5 hours of phone calls and keep them on hold for over 1.5 hours of that (at one point I sat on hold for 58 minutes...and yes I timed it).

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

When they added HBO/Cinemax to your package, all of the HBO/Cinemax channels showed up on your guide.  You would have had to specifically delete them at some point since they don't delete themselves. 

Are you saying even though 14 HBO channels and 12 Cinemax channels were visible on your guide (with content in the preview box) you never watched them?   And wouldn't the fact that all of these channels were showing in the guide alert you that you were still receiving them...for 9 long months?

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

7 years ago

@3dawgs11  Any written promo will have listed in the details, you must call and cancel when the promo period is up.  So, it's hard to think the rep would've told you they would cancel it as that probably would not be on their script.

This inferring they will not notify you and keep billing you and eliminate the credit you were getting.

As to the free movie, you use the free movie link On Demand, wil be charged for it and a $6 credit will appear in 1-2 billing cycles. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

7 years ago

@3dawgs11 wrote:

It did include Cinemax.  And yes, I expect to be refunded because I was told I would not be charged and I never "enjoyed" the channels because I NEVER watched them (and then assumed it was cancelled like I was promised).  As soon as I realized I was being chaged, I alerted AT&T and was told IN WRITING that I would be refunded.  Yes, I still have it in writing.  They never did and now they are refusing to honor their word (which is now the 3rd time I've been lied to by AT&T).

In addition to being okay with lying, I guess you also feel it's okay to drag a customer through 2.5 hours of phone calls and keep them on hold for over 1.5 hours of that (at one point I sat on hold for 58 minutes...and yes I timed it).

I can understand being mislead into thinking the channels were removed automatically if that's what you were told. 

However, I cannot understand waiting 8 months to have the unwanted services removed. The additional channels were on your bill every single month. It is your responsbility to check your bill for errors. 

That said, contact AT&T customer care at the link below. If there is anyone who will be able to get any credits applied to your account, it will be that team. 

A word of advice: AT&T owes you nothing; you are the one who did not have the services you didn't want removed. Keep that in mind during your contacts with customer care to make sure you are able to get a special consideration, if any. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.