Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Feb 12, 2012 8:31 PM

Change service installation fee?

Greetings! I am considering changing my U200 package to U-Basic because I just don't watch enough television to warrant paying (what ends up totalling) $140.00/month. I would like to swap to U-Basic to keep my internet, voice, and local channels (for news and FOX/ABC football games). My first question is: Since I already have service, do I have to pay the $199.99 installation fee to swap to U-Basic? My second question is: Can I still get these local channels in HD?

Thanks!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

texasguy37

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

No, you do not need to pay the $199 fee to downgrade to U-Basic.  Yes, if you pay the $10/month HD Technology Fee, you will receive the HD version of the channels in that package.  

Since all you want are the local channels, have you considered just using an OTA antenna instead of subscribing to any TV package?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I have considered using an OTA antennae, however, my apartment complex does not receive reception on OTA stuff due to our cement parking garage. I don't even get cell service in here, so I have to subscribe to AT&T Voice because I am in the U.S. Coast Guard and must be able to be reached 24/7 in case another Deepwater Horizon (BP Spill) happens again, or if something big happens in the Houston area (which is usually around once a year.) I initially subscribed because we had a huge spill here, and I was unable to be contacted for 48 hours. Needless to say, I was in deep doo-doo with the command here!
texasguy37

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

LOL.  I understand.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the quick response!

Get started...