Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
tazdevil2000's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 26th, 2015 3:21 PM

Change in Billing Dates

Just kinda curious as to the switch of billing dates from the 6th to the 29th of each month. After calling customer service and noticing my bill for the past year (actually 14 months) has been late and a late fee of 8$ per month was assessed until December when it went to 9$. My question is after having service for two years and now my available discounts are no longer available, and my payments for 11 months were on time, why couldnt I get a reminder notice about the billing dates? I get spam email from AT & T for home security, wireless options and they couldnt send out an email after noticing my bills were "late"?

Funny customer service rep said that the reminder notice for the billing change was on page 8 of my bill. Seriously page 8? I am on paperless billing, who gets to page 8 of any "bill". How far is page 8 away from amount owed? 6 pages? Just seems like a rip off. First late payment is 8$, then we'll change the billing date and hide it on page 8 then when they're not looking up the late payment fee to 9$.

Then the customer rep says to call back close to your ending billing date and MAYBE some kind of U-Verse "package deal" could be available then. Is 5 days gonna make that much of a difference?    Yes for 14 months that 5 days cost me $153 on top of my 215 per month!!!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@tazdevil2000 I get an email when my new bill comes out w/the amount so I know how much and when due, even though I have it autopay to my CC.  Nothing I did to get that email I've gotten for my more than 6 years on Uverse.  Maybe connected to autopay?

You can always look at the PDF version of your bill to see the amount/due date on the 1st page of the bill, not the 8th page. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for your informative response however none of my questions were answered.

Autopay for me is not an option because I drive a truck long distance and my pay checks are deposited on different days. I realize that this is my problem.

The reason I came here was to try to get some information and not to be "dissed" by the "community". I didnt realize that there were AT&T police out there who are authorities because they've have U-Verse for 6 years.

My questions were:

Why was the billing date change on page 8?

Why did the "late payment" fee increase during this time?

Why couldnt I get a "did you forget email"? That would have been a courtesy.

Why aren't promotions available until your current promotion is up?

Thank you for your input however I thought that your response was very unprofessional.

"In my Humble opinion...I call it like I see it"..... smileysurprised

Thanks for wasting my timeMan Tongue                        Tazdevil2000

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.