For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
H

• 

25 Messages

Saturday, March 11th, 2023 10:18 AM

Canceled Uverse..and canceled directv

I followed instructions..I canceled uverse after signing up for Directv

Directv does not work good here..hard to get a steady connection and has to like binge watch..but not for me..I called and canceled

I am taking the disconnected uverse equipment to be returned to ATT..I received instructions by phone and email

I received a large bill for uverse services yesterday but the uverse is canceled and I would not have agreed to keep uverse another month..I have been begging for its removal for months

Please help again..thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

Your final bill is not pro-rated. 

Check your billing cycle vs the cancellation date.  If you cancel even one day into a new billing cycle you will owe for the entire cycle.

• 

25 Messages

1 year ago

I started canceling on chat but was left on hold..I called back on Monday..

I encountered something that I have NEVER encountered with an ATT employee

This is just really bad stuff and I don't want to discuss this..Just I am correct where this concern..I will try calling again when I feel better

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

1 year ago

Good luck.  What matters is the date your cancellation was actually effective, not when you "tried to cancel."  Cancelling with AT&T pretty much requires a phone call.  You will be billed in full for the cycle that includes your cancellation date.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

Let's just work with some arbitrary dates.

You cancel on Feb.15. and send the equipment back.  Your billing date runs from 2/2 - 3/1.  You receive that bill on 3/10.  That bill is for services 2/2 thru 3/1.  You cancelled in the middle of that billing cycle.  Since the final bill is not pro-rated, you owe for the entire cycle.

• 

25 Messages

1 year ago

Copy of bill..look at the dates I am bring charged for UVERSE SERVICE

• 

25 Messages

1 year ago

I tried calling by phone..I got nowhere..he told me I am being billed for last month..he is wrong..I shouldn't have to pay anything for the nightmare my brain has encountered..he said I would have had to cancel before the bill was due..however I have been trying to cancel in the forum and on phone

• 

25 Messages

1 year ago

The guy said I was paying for feb-mar but I figured he only looked at the top part of the bill

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

The guy said I was paying for feb-mar but I figured he only looked at the top part of the bill

He was wrong.  That bill is for 3/5 - 4/4.  You are now into that billing cycle. 

If you cancel on 3/13, then YES you owe that bill for that cycle.  To not owe for the next billing cycle, make sure that your cancellation is effective before 4/4.

he said I would have had to cancel before the bill was due..
Again...WRONG.  You have to cancel BEFORE your BILLING date....not your DUE date.  *smdh*
I have been trying to cancel in the forum
NOT an option.  You have to call CS 1-800-288-2020.

(edited)

• 

25 Messages

1 year ago

Copy of equipment return from ATT

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

1 year ago

So you've already cancelled.  You still owe through April 4th, even though your equipment is due back before then.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.