Get the myAT&T app
weedjams's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 9:03 PM

Billing & Support Fiasco

Greetings,

I am more than three months in to a support / billing fiasco with you folks.
I have not given up hope yet but I am very close.

Several months ago one of your telephone tech support people attempted to fix a connectivity problem I was having.
He gave up after a few minutes and said he was sending a free replacement modem that would fix the issue.
I told him I did not need it or want it.
He said it was free, so I may as well, so I said OK.
[my connectivity issue cleared itself overnight]

Two days later I received the modem in the mail.
I opened the box and looked at modem.
The modem was an older, cheaper version of the one I already OWN. (NVG510)
I closed box and put it on storage shelf in closet.

A month +/- later I went online to pay my U-Verse bill and what do I see?

A $117 charge for the modem.
I tried to make a partial payment (just my legit monthly bill) but the web site would not allow it.

I spent hours in live chat sessions, hours of precious Tracfone airtime and hours of driving around to various UPS locations trying to get that modem returned.
On 12/30/2014 I finally got a human being capable of printing a return mailing label and sending it to me.
I was informed that as soon as they received modem, they would remove the charge from my bill.

Six days later I received the mailing label and took both it and the modem to the post office.
The post office clerk applied label, taped it up, scanned it and gave me a receipt with tracking info.

Here is what the tracking page says:

Current Status:
Delivered
1/12/2015    06:00 PM    Package delivered to returns processing facility.    Fort Worth,TX 76177

Today is 01/14/2015 and not only has the charge for modem not been removed but I have been fined a extra late fee and billed for a month of being disconnected!

also...

Yesterday I received a letter in the mail telling me my service has been suspended and I would have to pay $45 penalty fee to have it reinstated.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE FIX THIS!

cheers,
pad

P.S.

I have no working phone.

I have screen shots, recordings and printed PDF files of this entire nightmare trail. If you need any of it, ask and I will gladly send.

Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

8 years ago

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you in two to three business days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. envelope.png

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you everyone that helped me!

Truely excellent service.

Live long and prosper.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

hi 

How do I send a message to the escalation team, I am having the same issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.