For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
apliwanai's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 9th, 2023 5:56 AM

Billing issue.... come on, ATT!

A while back, I cancelled TV service with ATT, but kept internet and phone. I got DirectTV instead. They gave me combined billing, so it is all charged at once. I cancelled on March 8 or 9. A couple weeks ago, I got a bill for $181 for the ATT UVerse (which I cancelled). I called them, and they apologized, and they said that I would I have to pay, but they would credit me the $181 on the next DirectTV bill. Okay, cool, that’s fine.

Fast forward to today, I get ANOTHER bill for $192. I called them again, and was on the phone for an hour. All she would say is that there were no notes on my account, and she can’t help me. She said that I had to pay the original $181 (I’ve already paid but now they’re saying I won’t get the credit they said they would give me), the new $192, PLUS an $80 cancellation fee (I cancelled on March 8/9 with no fee, since I just basically switched out services). For services that I haven’t had in over a month - I already returned all of the equipment and everything. She also said that, since there were no notes, I couldn’t get the $181 credit that the person I spoke to a couple of weeks ago promised. They are asking me to pay $400 for something that I do not have anymore, plus and extra $80 to cancel the service that I ALREADY CANCELLED.

They said there’s absolutely nothing they can do, no higher ups for me to speak to, nothing. Do I have any options?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

1 year ago

Since your final bill is not pro-rated, you could owe for the entire month as per the TOS:

Upon termination, subject to applicable law, your effective date of cancellation will be the last day of your current billing cycle and you will receive Service until the end of your billing cycle (exceptions may apply to certain promotional periods and must be in writing). You will not receive a prorated credit or refund for any remaining days of Service in your billing cycle after termination

You said you cancelled on the 8th (March hasn't happened yet so I'm confused about the month).  If your billing cycle begins prior to the 8th, you are responsible for that entire billing cycle.

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

theres no such thing as just switching from uverse to directv you cancel uverse then start directv two different services, if you were in contract with uverse then early termination fees will apply 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

A while back, I cancelled TV service with ATT, but kept internet and phone. I got DirectTV instead. They gave me combined billing, so it is all charged at once. I cancelled on March 8 or 9. A couple weeks ago, I got a bill for $181 for the ATT UVerse (which I cancelled). I called them, and they apologized, and they said that I would I have to pay, but they would credit me the $181 on the next DirectTV bill. Okay, cool, that’s fine.

Fast forward to today, I get ANOTHER bill for $192. I called them again, and was on the phone for an hour. All she would say is that there were no notes on my account https://100001.onl/, and she can’t help me. She said that I had to pay the original $181 (I’ve already paid but now they’re saying I won’t get the credit they said they would give me), the new $192, PLUS an $80 cancellation fee (I cancelled on March 8/9 with no fee, since I just basically switched out services). For services that I haven’t had in over a month - I already returned all of the equipment and everything. She also said that, since there were no notes, I couldn’t get the $181 credit that the person I spoke to a couple of weeks ago promised. They are asking me to pay $400 for something that I do not have anymore, plus and extra $80 to cancel the service that I ALREADY CANCELLED.

They said there’s absolutely nothing they can do, no higher ups for me to speak to, nothing. Do I have any options?

I got this,..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.