Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!
Jojobeme99

• 

28 Messages

Thu, Feb 27, 2020 7:46 PM

billing complaint

AT&T uses bait & switch when they sign you up, showing a false payment that then escalates $30 or more when the actual bill arrives.

I am intending to file complaints with the FTC and my state's consumer affairs. Some lawyers should follow a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) on this cheating business practice.

Responses

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

3 months ago

An old complaint about an old issue that affects most entertainment media companies. You have to read the fine print on everything before signing. The package price is just the beginning, and doesn't include numerous taxes and fees. Spectrum is currently doing promotions stating that it's packages don't follow this practice- that is, you're charged the price you're quoted. I can't speak to this myself, but it certainly makes me think.

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Jojobeme99

• 

28 Messages

But we are doing this over the web in a browser. AT&T is technically incompetent and unable to design effective web apps. During sign-up, stuff opens in multiple windows and it is impossible to manage all of the pieces together. I have had to create 4 different email addresses trying to get registered and more.

I have screen prints that show the amount agreed on as $139.95 and clearly states that this is my monthly payment. But it isn't.

As stated, I have filed FTC and FCC complaints. If enough people do this, then maybe the government oversight agencies will force shady companies like AT&T and Comcast to make their advertising honest, without pages of size 6 font qualifications.