AT&T's Credit Check Policy
So you’ve decided to join the AT&T family! Did you have questions regarding the credit check requirement? You will find some helpful information below:
- AT&T requires a credit check when ordering new products (Wireless lines, U-verse TV, Internet and Phone).
- Credit checks using information pulled from your AT&T service history and credit bureaus are a soft credit check instead of a hard credit check which means it does not impact credit scores.
- The results of the credit evaluation and the cost of the device will determine if security (down payment, advance payment, Credit Management Fee or deposit) is required.
- Guarantors or co-signers for credit applications are not accepted by AT&T.
- In order to consent to a credit check and service activation with AT&T, potential individual customers must meet the minimum age requirement of 18. Puerto Rico age of consent would be 21.
Unable to Submit to Credit Evaluation:
- All customers are eligible to apply for service. Information required to process an application for credit may be different depending on the product line.
- You may be listed as having unknown credit. Depending on the service you’re signing up for security may be required.
Reimbursement of Fees:
- If a Credit Management Fee is required, a credit will be applied to the account as long as the service remains active and is in good standing.
- If your credit rating changes the fee will remain on the account.
- Down Payment: Initial payment put towards the cost of a device on an installment plan.
- Advanced Payment: Made in advance of order submission and applies to future bills until exhausted.
- Autopay: Automatic payments deduct from the customer's bank account or charge each month to their credit card.
- Credit Management Fee: A fee paid by the customer in advance of order submission.
- Deposit: Payment for service