Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
cala5555's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thu, May 14, 2015 4:56 PM

AT&T Uverse Renewal Help

Hi, I have used the online community for great success in the past.  I am hoping to continue that today.  My account discounts are coming due for the next billing cycle (June 5th) and I am hoping to either get a new contract or discounts to contin ue our service.  I have already priced out Time Warner Cable to see where they come in and hope that you can either match or beat what they have.  Please let me know how best to find this info out?

Below is an online quote from TWC for a simialr setup to what I have now, it does include phone (I don't need this) and Epix (I do like that) for one year.  Also a faster internet speed of 30MBPS.  

Thanks,

Mike

MONTHLY CHARGES
Package Price
per Month for 12 Months
$89.99

TV
$35.50
Preferred TV Included
2 HD Box
HD-DVR Box
Whole House HD-DVR Service
EPIX
Internet
$8.00
Phone
Included
MONTHLY CHARGES*
$133.49

Responses

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

6 y ago

@cala5555 From reports Retentions only seems to be offering money off on upgrades so not really anything off on current services. 

Might be that ATT is planning on selling Uverse or shutting it down after the DirecTV merger; which Wall Street Journal reported yesterday the merger is on the way to approval.  This from one post from former employees that are still very much in touch w/Uverse personnel and that's what they have heard.

Remember, other providers have teaser rates for 'new' customers and the prices will rise after the term. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 y ago

ATT will defenitely raise your bill by $30 or more than what was quoted  to you. Be very leary.

They do not deliver on their promises.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

I thought I would give an update that I did finally talk with an ATT rep and was not able to get very far with them.  I told them I was hoping to get on some new promotions for when my service expires on June 7th.  I was only told I could call after that date to put any new promotions on the account.  They also stated that none of the current promotions were going to be good as I have now.   I stated that I would not wait for that as my rate will go up during that time to find out if they can do anything better for me after that date...   That they will most likely be losing me as a customer, they did say sorry and that was it...

Now my debate, go to Time Warner or just cut the cord...

Thanks,

Mike

IMHO_99

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

6 y ago

Marked SOLVED????

Your projection of what the DirectTV merger will bring is not a solution to the questions in this post.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

I chose solved because of his first line:  From reports Retentions only seems to be offering money off on upgrades so not really anything off on current services.  

That seems true.  I have the UVerse 300 and I am happy with that, I can upgrade to U400 and get some discount there, but for only 3 months.  That is no help for me and I don't want to upgrade, I just would like to stay with them with what I have at a discounted rate for another year...

I did get another call from the helpdesk that I missed the call and will hope to talk to today.  So maybe he will be able to help me out, I will update if I can get anywhere with him...

Thanks,

Mike

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 y ago

CUT the cord...
browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

6 y ago

I went from $36 off to $20 off per month after my first year. Cutting the cord is a good option. If I were the only one in my home I would.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

If you do renew your contract, definitely a big IF, double check and check again on your new rate and if the DVR is included. I am currently contacting anyone I can with my... issue. I wanted to keep rates down after my last contract expired and the tech I spoke to on the phone suggested removing a TV (I had two), everything else remaining the same my monthly rate would drop down to about what it was with the previous contract, minus one TV. A week later, my DVR stops working. I call and, after an hour later of back and forth, it turns out they disabled my DVR unless I agree to pay an extra $15/month for it. I wish I had a recording or transcript or something of that phone call with the rep who helped me lower my rates. I asked if the only difference would be one less receiver (because I was a bit skeptical) and she said 'yes'. Lies. Definitely get the name of the person you're talking to and have them send you the information on your new contract, or even chat with them instead through their messaging system. Then you can just download and save your communications with them. It's really sad that this is needed. All else fails, Charter will buy out your contract from ATT...

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.