AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Apr 23, 2019 4:08 PM

ATT threading to send me to collection even though i am paying dept monthly

Hey There,

i was told by an agent that if i cancel service, i will not have to pay any cancellation fee. unfortunately, it didn't work out as he said; but that is an old argument. my concern he is that. i keep receiving mail from ATT threading to send my account to collection. i have been paying monthly and i even told them that i don't have that full amount now but i will pay it full in 6 months. one of the representative let me know that after 60 days, it will go to collection, another one said that it is fine if i pay any amount monthly. 

Right now i am confused. are they really going to send it to collection?

Thank you

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

skeeterintexas

ACE - Expert

• 

15.7K Messages

a year ago

Unfortunately, they can.  The good news is that once it goes to collection you might be able to negotiate with the collection agency a lower balance in order to pay it in full.

I've reached that age where my brain went from "You probably shouldn't say that"

...to...

"What the heck, let's see what happens."

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question