Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
brandhawa's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Apr 16, 2015 3:56 AM

ATT keep changing billing rate without notice??

I have this problem many times in a year. This is the sequence of events:

- I talk to ATT rep about my billing and they confirm certain billing rate. In most cases, they say that the rate is good for one year.

- Then after a few months, without any notice, the rate goes up.

- When I call and complain, they fix the issue or give me a new rate, and then even that changes after a few months.

I have to to keep a close eye on my bill, otherwise, in my opinion, ATT takes advantage of my laziness and 'up' the rates. I am using combined (triple play) uverse services, but this is becoming quite annoying.

Anyone else have same issue? I am seriously considering some other service provider... too much waste of time on running after ATT reps.

Regards,

Bill

-

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 y ago

Hi @brandhawa,

I am so sorry about the issues with your bill. If you ever do notice any issues, we would be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

I got a message from ATT Social Care that they will look into it. I replied and provided my contact info, but no call in two days.

Today, I called and spend 20 minutes talking to two different reps. I explained that my current triple play (with U200 TV package) used to be $136/month and it jumped to $176/month. After many different options, I was told that the best she could do was around $156 with 12 month contract. (plus taxes and modem charges etc...)

She basically told me that ATT does not have any new promotions for me and my current promotions have expired (even before my 12 month contract ended!!). I decided not to take the 12 month contract as I want to switch to another provider and not pay that much. Without contract, I was told, my rate would be $176/month. I asked them to downgrade my TV package, while I search for replacement with x-finity or Verizon.

It is amazing how ATT have no promotion for long time customers in good standings.

I did email just now, as advised by David T below; I am not holding my breath, however.  I have overstayed, obviously

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.