Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Kcg1990's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Dec 12, 2018 5:01 AM

AT&T “free” installation

I was charged 35.00 for an activation fee that I already paid before getting these services. Plus I was told I would recieve free installation for U-verse and internet. Instead my bill is WELL over three hundred dollars!! Because I was double charged AND given “free” installation. When I called I was told that this would be credited to me on my next months bill. This information was not in their nifty video for billing summary nor was this information passed on to me via the original sales staff. I need this fixed now. I cannot pay this bill!  I don’t understand!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

3.6K Messages

2 y ago

Installation is usually a $99 charge for one type of service. So something is not right. Look through your bill and tell us all the charges and credits. Did you happen to order wireless receivers? Those are $49 each. 

You ordered over the phone or in a store? you should have gotten an email with order details. Once you’ve looked through your bill call billing again and challenge everything you think is wrong. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

3.6K Messages

2 y ago

This is a user forum. You’ll have to call customer service about the bill. Typically your first bill is for 2 months service. Att bills you a month ahead. You are paying for the current month of service not the previous month. Look at the details of the bill you should see a charge for installation and then a credit. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

i would just like to say That all I’m doing is reaching out looking for help 

if that is not what a question forum is for then I apologize for taking up your time but you also didn’t need to read my posted question. Thank you anyway

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

When I first called for service the rep told me I was going to get free installation but had me pay a 35.00 activation fee for internet and TV bundle

there was definitely two months added on top of other charges that were not credited.

I was charged 199.00 installation and 35.00 activation (I already paid this)

there were no credits for these two charges like there should have been.

i already called billing and they were not helpful. I was hoping this user forum would be able to assist me in finding a solution to an issue either with advice or contact info for AT&T providers/connections 

thanks for the support. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

Thank you thank you 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

I called the cancellation restitution line and explained everything to them 

my bill was immediately remedied! Thank you all so much for helping me.

Get started...

Ask a new question