Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Get the myAT&T app
lngoll2's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, May 26, 2015 4:06 PM

At&t Fails Former Employee

I had a bad experience with a technician that came to my home on 4/28/15. The technician shows up and [clearly does not seem like he wants to be here (we had a staring constest for about 15 seconds before i responded to his silence)] i answer the door with a yes? He informs me that he is from At&t, but didn't have a badge so I asked him where his badge was and he tells me that it was in the car. He retrieved his badge and when he came back he informed me that there was going to be a fee if there was anything wrong. I then informed him that I would only be charged if there was something wrong internally and I was at fault. I felt right away that he was forced to be there and did not want to do any work that day and was trying to get out of it. I still invited him to do some work inside. So when he asked me to tie up my calm dog who was clearly not being aggressive toward him, I had it and sent him away.

Fast forward to 5/18/2015, I was having problems with one of my receivers and called Technical Support. They helped me over the phone as much as they could but the receiver was still not cooperating (it had a big "X") and they said that they were going to send a technician out to help me. I also needed to order another box for another room that I already had wired (by At&t) and was told that the technician would bring me a box when they were to come to my home later that day between 4-8. I waited and waited and no one came. 

I called technical support after 8 on 5/18 and to my surprise there is a report saying that someone came to my home and was sent away after I was asked to put my dog away. I was also informed that I did not have to wait for the technician to bring me the receiver and that I can just order it over the phone and that they would mail it to me which I did (thank goodness). So i made an appointment for 5/19 and waited. I made another apointment for every day last week 5/18, 5/19, 5/20, 5/21, 5/22 and still no one has shown up and was told by countless representatives and their supervisors that they were going to track my account; yet there are reports for everyday that someone came out and was sent away after asking me to tie up my dog. So here i am still waiting for someone to come out.

Who can i speak to after talking to technical support, having someone message the dispacher office manager, speaking to the escalations department and still not have a technician come out to my area? 

texasguy37

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

7年前

@lngoll2 wrote:

I had a bad experience with a technician that came to my home on 4/28/15. The technician shows up and [clearly does not seem like he wants to be here (we had a staring constest for about 15 seconds before i responded to his silence)] i answer the door with a yes? He informs me that he is from At&t, but didn't have a badge so I asked him where his badge was and he tells me that it was in the car. He retrieved his badge and when he came back he informed me that there was going to be a fee if there was anything wrong. I then informed him that I would only be charged if there was something wrong internally and I was at fault. I felt right away that he was forced to be there and did not want to do any work that day and was trying to get out of it. I still invited him to do some work inside. So when he asked me to tie up my calm dog who was clearly not being aggressive toward him, I had it and sent him away.

Your statement about when fees are charged is not correct.

The technician had the right to request that the dog be restrained or removed from the area while he was onsite.

Based on your own comments, I don't see that the technician did anything wrong.  It appears that you, not the technician, created a bad situation.

IMHO_99

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

7年前

After reading the responses from various so called ACE's, I wonder who is making the "award" and what is the definition of "excellence"??  

(They all claim not to be AT&T employees, but their views seem to be prejusticed in favor of guess whom?)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7年前

Technically you are wrong because if the wiring is wrong inside my home, then I am covered because I have those insured. And if the technician was really doing his job wouldn't he have seen what my history is and what I am covered for? 

Yes he had a right to ask for the dog to be tied up but in all honesty, he was just trying to be petty because in all the years that i've had At&t, no one has asked for the dog to be tied up after seeing him; but should I also feel disrespected in my home and accept it because I need my service? 

I will not accept that. None of that justifies the falsified reports that were made to justify the reasoning as to why a person actually didn't show up either. There is something fishy when all the reports say the same exact thing for 5 days straight.

americangame

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

7年前

Who's insuring them? Did AT&T run all of the new wiring in your house or was it there prior to you having service? 

Techs don't have easy access to job history and they can only look up what previous techs wrote down.  

I don't know what kind of dog you have but if he asked you to please have the dog restrained and place somewhere else, he felt that it would risk his personal safety at any given moment while he was trying to do his job. Your refusal immediately made the place a hostile work environment for him and he had the right to not complete his job. Once you get a bad rap like that, it makes it hard for any other technician to want to work on your house. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.